Intel's Dr. David Prendergast Named A "Hero of the Fortune 500"

HardOCP News

[H] News
Fortune named Intel anthropologist Dr. David Prendergast to its inaugural "Heroes of the Fortune 500 2014" list for his pioneering efforts to establish the first children's hospice in Ireland following the death of his daughter, Beth, in 2008 from Leukemia. Read about David's inspirational story here.

That's a great story! People at Intel are really well-known for doing good things for society and it's why I think it's okay to support them by buying their stuff. AMD's employees don't do nearly as much of this stuff.

That's a great story! People at Intel are really well-known for doing good things for society and it's why I think it's okay to support them by buying their stuff. AMD's employees don't do nearly as much of this stuff.

A lot of times, the only reason people can do these things is because they have the time and the money to do so.
Meanwhile, the rest of the world...

Ain-t-Nobody-Got-Time-Fo-Dat-sweet-brown-31241125-480-330.jpg

Still, it is cool when they do take the time to do so.

I guess that makes sense. AMD is kinda having to spend all their money and time developing video cards and CPU designs. :( They should do SOMETHING though...like a bake sale to raise money for animal shelters!

I guess that makes sense. AMD is kinda having to spend all their money and time developing video cards and CPU designs. :( They should do SOMETHING though...like a bake sale to raise money for animal shelters!

This had nothing to do with Intel, though.
It was just that the guy happened to work for Intel.

While it would be nice if these companies did do nice things for communities, it should not be required. ;)

This had nothing to do with Intel, though.
It was just that the guy happened to work for Intel.

While it would be nice if these companies did do nice things for communities, it should not be required. ;)

It isn't required, but pretty much any company is expected to have like some kind of sponsored community involvement and charity. If that's the case, it may as well be to help pay for and supply labor to no kill animal shelters for cats.

Back