Find Out If Your ISP Plays YouTube In HD

HardOCP News

[H] News
Want to know if your ISP can consistently deliver HD video without buffering or interruptions? Hit this link.

Starting today, if you’re in the U.S., you can use the Google Video Quality Report to see the level of video quality your Internet service provider can play YouTube. If you’re regularly seeing videos buffer, this report can give you a better idea of why, as well as tips to make YouTube play better. You can also see the video quality other ISPs in your area are delivering.

"Even 720p"? AMAZING! Sigh... so pathetic this is an issue in 2014. Pathetic that this is even an issue in 2014. Says that 93% of the time, I can stream HD everytime.

Verizon NoVA looks identical to the picture you have posted.

"Even 720p"? AMAZING! Sigh... so pathetic this is an issue in 2014. Pathetic that this is even an issue in 2014. Says that 93% of the time, I can stream HD everytime.

You can say that twice ...

I assume HD Verified will soon mean "we paid the ISPs to unthrottle"?

It's amazing that there is an official youtube blog entry titled "Find out if your Internet service provider plays YouTube in HD". here, check this chart if you wanna know how wet is water in your pipes

It says I should expect smooth playback at atleast 360p, sounds pretty good for a $41 a month 6mb connection.

/S

Got SD on my 50/5 connection and that I should expect 360p..lol..I always stream at 1080p without issue. This thing is useless.

Got SD on my 50/5 connection and that I should expect 360p..lol..I always stream at 1080p without issue. This thing is useless.

During peak hours? Maybe they're factoring in the likelihood your carrier will throttle once the FCC clears the way?

Bet this Google Video Quality Report will never launch in South Korea.

Results were as expected.

On a 45/4 cable connection with speedboost.

Volume Chart

10qvud5.png

Percentage Chart

2gt0x9w.png

Is there any way to set a preference for video quality? I'm sick of "Auto" loading the first half of a video at 240p and then thinking about maybe going to 720p when my connection if perfectly capable of 1080p once I go and select it and then wait for the blurry mess to disappear as it runs through what it already buffered at low quality.

Um...I found this out by going on YouTube and seeing shit in HD. Didn't really need a website to tell me that.

Not yet available in my area? Time Warner Louisville...

Is there any way to set a preference for video quality? I'm sick of "Auto" loading the first half of a video at 240p and then thinking about maybe going to 720p when my connection if perfectly capable of 1080p once I go and select it and then wait for the blurry mess to disappear as it runs through what it already buffered at low quality.

There's actually a setting in your YouTube account to automatically load HD content. It pretty much doesn't work.

Awwww! Don't feel too bad, plenty of people don't understand statistics or percentages and still manage to leave fulfilling lives! :rolleyes:

Back