Wolfenstein The New Order Easter Egg

It needs to have the old style (no mouse look / strafe) controls. Watch all the modern FPS people rage trying to get it right. :p

This must be very close to the Woflenstein easter egg that was in Rage. Is it an easter egg if it is in every game? like Godmode?

So where is the texture pop everyone is complaining about?

Needs some AA badly. Seriously though, it made me get a little misty remembering my beginnings in PC gaming. Well done.

Kinda of a stupid easter egg. Can you even call it one since it has been in a few other games?

Cool, until he opened the first door. The drops are all wrong. Then I noticed that the HUD is wrong. Then I heard the sounds, half were wrong, half were right...really made for an odd sounding bit.

Then came the secret room and I noticed the hand popup. I became even more sad. Half the fun was finding (and still remembering) where the secret rooms were. Having a hand showing you to click there ruins it even more.

So where is the texture pop everyone is complaining about?

I think he's talking about the icon for the hidden rooms. Although, this person didn't even take advantage of that to check the other walls. It kind of felt like he was playing it all wrong.

>Enemies teleport in behind him and hurt him

Looks like even without Carmack they stick this shit in

That person didn't spend hardly enough time scanning the walls for secret chambers. The lack of sayings from the original was disappointing. "Auf mein leben", "Schutzstaffell", "Spion", etcetera.

The entire original game probably takes less space than some of the textures.

I was just at Costco and noticed that they have the PS4 and XB1 version of Wolfenstein on sale for $53. I think I will go back tomorrow and pick it up for my XB1. I kind of wish they would have kept it feeling a bit more original with that easter egg, but still an awesome nod to the game that really got the 3D shooter genre started. It was the best game you could run on a 386 or even 286(minimum specs) at the time.

Don't want to spoil it, yet the still image preview of the video gives it away.

Ahh, good old 8-bit graphics.

Bethesda Software has a lot of modding they've had to do to get rid of all those Nazi flags to sell this game to Germany and Austria. Sux for them!

Back