Russia Captures Cigarette Smuggling Drone

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sure this drone was only smuggling cigarettes today, but we all know that leads to the harder stuff like cocaine, heroine and dirty bombs. :p

A Lithuanian self-made drone detained in Russia’s westernmost Kaliningrad region last week was used for smuggling cigarettes into Russia, Oleg Dzhurayev, the press service chief of the Kaliningrad border department of the Russian Federal Security service, told ITAR-TASS on Wednesday.

First thought: that's COOL

I wonder what the profit margin is on illegal smokes vs something more compact/dense like cocaine.

I thought -- well someone has to be around to fly the thing right? And then I thought it would be pretty damn easy to pre-program a route and altitude to fly at. Make a few runs at night when nobody would be able to see or hear it at 100 or 200 ft. Should it ever get shot down... it's cheaper/safer to just call it a loss and try again. If it suffered a tech malfunction it could be located via GPS by the people who made it.

If I was the risk taking type and comfortable dealing with shady scary people there seems to be a huge market for this type of stuff.

First thought: that's COOL

I wonder what the profit margin is on illegal smokes vs something more compact/dense like cocaine.

I thought -- well someone has to be around to fly the thing right? And then I thought it would be pretty damn easy to pre-program a route and altitude to fly at. Make a few runs at night when nobody would be able to see or hear it at 100 or 200 ft. Should it ever get shot down... it's cheaper/safer to just call it a loss and try again. If it suffered a tech malfunction it could be located via GPS by the people who made it.

If I was the risk taking type and comfortable dealing with shady scary people there seems to be a huge market for this type of stuff.

Cigarette smuggling is much more profitable. At least into the UK it is. Cocain is dirt cheap these days in the UK (as cheap as £30 a gram) and costs a lot to smuggle. Cigarettes can be sold for 10x the amount they cost to buy abroad and smuggle in.

Cigarette smuggling is much more profitable. At least into the UK it is. Cocain is dirt cheap these days in the UK (as cheap as £30 a gram) and costs a lot to smuggle. Cigarettes can be sold for 10x the amount they cost to buy abroad and smuggle in.

How do you know the price of a gram of cocaine and the margin they make on cigarettes?

:confused:

I didn't even know cigarette smuggling was a thing outside prisons...I utterly fail to understand how there is any difference at all from one brand to another.

Smuggling heroine?

3792067-2713231-ww01.jpg

2987693-power_girl_by_riazkhan-d3kyemb.jpg

2051136-she_hulk.jpg

Oh yes! YES!

I'll take any or all of the above!

I imagine in short order these will be used to smuggle people out of Russia. Though I'm not sure if they're still "drones" at that point.

lol. do you even need to drink?

Back