Markus Persson Interview

HardOCP News

[H] News
Rolling Stone has conducted an interview with Markus Persson that I think most of you will find interesting.

"It doesn't hurt as much anymore," he continues, but occasionally he worries that the dark clouds that engulfed his father also follow him around. "The depression, I'm worried about. With the creative stuff, I have highs of being very productive and lows of being not productive. I have that in my moods as well."

Last edited:
Pretty normal guy, down to earth. Typical Swede sounds like. Nice to see someone go from 0 to everything, enjoy it and yet still keep it in perspective.

Thanks for the link.

I don't understand Minecraft.... it's not a game. It's playing with legos online... which I don't grasp.

This sounds just like when ordinary people win the lottery. The sudden influx of money, when you really didn't have to fight to earn it, means you treat it like crap. I bet this guy ends up on the street eating out of the trash at some point. He doesn't respect the money, because he never had to really work for it. It basically fell into his lap.

Maybe he'll be one of the ones to make it out of sudden riches, but i doubt it. With what he is making, he could be rich for the rest of his life. But instead he is throwing it away on parties and other crap. If he invested even a little of it, he would be better off long term.

Again, i doubt he'll make it, but i really don't care.

I don't understand Minecraft.... it's not a game. It's playing with legos online... which I don't grasp.

Some people have bigger imaginations. I play Garry's mod more than i do other games and that is just a sandbox toy.

Back