ASUS Maximus VI Impact

HardOCP News

[H] News
You guys should head on over to techPowerUP! this afternoon and check out their review of the ASUS Maximus VI Impact. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

Our foray into mITX boards would be incomplete without taking a look at one of the most highly requested, most highly regarded mITX products, the ASUS MAXIMUS VI IMPACT. Users have been asking ASUS forum reps and ASUS staff for mITX ROG products for quite a few years now, and with Intel's Z87, that call was most definitely answered, and answered loudly.

One of the most innovative boards I've used.
Definitely will buy VIII when Skylake is released.

One of the most innovative boards I've used.
Definitely will buy VIII when Skylake is released.

Is there a VII?

I love my Impact VI. Only thing about it that I don't like is the PCB should be 8 layer. Its a little flimsy. Might be time for mini ITX to have 8 support holes around sides instead of four. With large heat sinks and video cards it take a beating.

Last edited:
Sweet board, and while I'm always grateful for reviews, I'm a bit puzzled at sites reviewing this board now... It was released around 8 months ago and I'm sure people in the market for a new motherboard right now (like I am) are likely waiting on the Z97 variants like the hero and gene vii just released.

Back