New Intel NUC Powered by Intel Atom Processor E3815

HardOCP News

[H] News
Intel has announced availability of the newest offering in the Intel® NUC product line -- the DE3815TYKHE (previously known as Thin Canyon). This is the first Intel NUC powered by an Intel® Atom™ processor. With a fanless design, on-board eMMC memory and the space savings of a 4”x 4” motherboard, DE3815TYKHE is optimized for thin client applications. And with the ability to directly power an LCD monitor through an onboard eDP connector, it is a great solution for kiosks, point-of-sale and digital signage. The new product is available in distribution starting today with suggested retail pricing of $129USD for the Intel NUC kit and $99USD for the Intel NUC board.

FINALLY, a good gaming desktop in the right form factor at a good price that doesn't suck up a whole bunch of stupid electricity. It supports a 2.5 HDD so this is a really good addition to their NUC series.

FINALLY, a good gaming desktop in the right form factor at a good price that doesn't suck up a whole bunch of stupid electricity. It supports a 2.5 HDD so this is a really good addition to their NUC series.

Gaming on a NUC? I think not. 1.) it's an Atom. 2.) it's got Intel video, 3.) I'll bet you they'll over heat if you try to do anything beyond basic productivity stuff or watch videos.

Additional, I've got a number of clients who insisted that we build them NUCs, and we've had nothing but headaches with the drivers (for WIFI and audio, in particular). You know something is wrong if they can't get the drivers right for a basic component like audio and have to patch it every month or two.:rolleyes:

Gaming on a NUC? I think not. 1.) it's an Atom. 2.) it's got Intel video, 3.) I'll bet you they'll over heat if you try to do anything beyond basic productivity stuff or watch videos.

Why not? I think it'd pretty much run any game I want to play and has enough CPU and GPU power to do that since my Atom n270 and GMA 950 in my Latitude 2100 is already fast enough for almost everything and the NUC is a lot newer and more powerful.

Additional, I've got a number of clients who insisted that we build them NUCs, and we've had nothing but headaches with the drivers (for WIFI and audio, in particular). You know something is wrong if they can't get the drivers right for a basic component like audio and have to patch it every month or two.:rolleyes:

Hes a terrible troll,just ignore him.

I really want an i7 Intel NUC :( a slot or two for PCI-E GPU and sound card would be nice too

1 core, 1 thread? No thanks. If they'd put a quad core Bay Trail Atom in it, I'd think about it.

Can it do HTPC duties?

Probably not very well. The modern Atom is a lot faster than something like a n450, but the n450 with a GMA 3150 really struggles with video decoding. Going full screen on 480p with YouTube is pushing it. I bet even with the faster out of order core and better graphics, it'll still be not up to most people's HTPC needs.

This is a thin client box. That's it, all it does is remove noise, size and power requirements from the actual workstation. Intel already makes products that will make for good htpc's/media extenders.

Back