Noctua NH-D15 Heatsink Review

HardOCP News

[H] News
The gang at FrostyTech have published a review of the massive Noctua NH-D15 heatpipe HSF this evening. If you need a new cooler, provided you have enough room in your case, you'll definitely want to read this review.

Weighing 1,320 grams with both fans installed, Noctua's NH-D15 heatsink is big. It stands 162mm tall and has a footprint of 151x161mm so prospective buyers will want to measure their case clearances first. It's six heat pipes are soldered to the nickel plated copper base plate and aluminum cooling fins; overall the fit and finish is top notch.

Pretty nice temps, but as far as motherboard busting weight, I thought my old Zalman Fatal1ty FS-C77 was bad at 900 grams. :eek:

The size of some of these coolers are ridiculous. 1,320 grams? I can't wait to see what is next.

Nice cooler. I'll be getting one. I am amazed on the 200W thermal test at how the NH-U14S was almost able to keep up with the D15 with its single tower design.

Nice cooler but not really any improvement over NH-D14 that I can tell except better fans.

The fans that come with it are okay, but if crank down on it, then them fans will not
be good enough.

NH-D15 is designed to have very good cooling at very low noise.. and it does that extremely well.
Stock fans (NF-A15 PWM) are 1500rpm 140,2 m³/h (82.5cfm) 25dBA. That's very good flow to noise ratio. There are very few fans this good.

Back