Cold War Spy-Satellite Images Unveil Lost Cities

I watched a documentary that showed they already had automated software that scanned modern satellite imagery for geometric formations in a defined area to then highlight and flag a person to look at in detail.

So I find it surprising they would use lower resolution black and white photos when we have better stuff available now... Hmmm...

I watched a documentary that showed they already had automated software that scanned modern satellite imagery for geometric formations in a defined area to then highlight and flag a person to look at in detail.

So I find it surprising they would use lower resolution black and white photos when we have better stuff available now... Hmmm...

You can't see everything in the newer images since some of it has been covered up since the old pictures were taken.

From the article:
"Current imaging satellites, such as the privately owned DigitalGlobe based in Longmont, Colorado, return better resolution images, but "they can't go back in time," says Casana.
"Even with much better resolution, we can't see a site that someone has covered up with a building," Casana says."

Heyo...digital globe is mentioned. They are a bunch of good people there.

The premise is cool, but the author of that article either has no real information to discuss, or doesn't know how to explain what's going on in the images.

The premise is cool, but the author of that article either has no real information to discuss, or doesn't know how to explain what's going on in the images.

Yeah, would be great for some more actual detail on any of the sites, if any had been explored yet based on the satellite images, etc.

Back