Digital Mirror Uses Kinect To Show Internal Organs

Way back in the day when they hard the Star Trek Experience at the Las Vegas Hilton(??) the bathrooms in the area were themed, and when you were standing in front of them they gave you a diagnostic :D

Well, they used to have 'live' X-ray machines for people to entertain themselves.. Until everyone started getting caner from them.

I'm pretty sure they just overlay pre-rendered images, not your actual current organ states. This is really just entertainment, not medicine.

Damn too bad its not real, then you could track one of those tacobell 10 taco boxes from start to finish. Grab a friend and you guys can have a race. "Dude, its almost at the colon, home stretch bro, its neck and neck!"

I'm pretty sure they just overlay pre-rendered images.
Yes, they explain it this way in the video.

My guess is they have texture slices of a scan and blend between them as you move closer or further away. Pretty simple mechanic actually, and it doesn't look half-bad in practice. I saw no testicles, which I guess is a good thing? I wonder what happens when you get too people close to each other... kinect probably fails at that point?

I like the "flame" effect too, looks like an aura.

Back