New ‘Google’ for the Dark Web Makes Buying Easy

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For all of you Darkwebbers out there that have a problem locating sites for you illicit gun, drug, stolen CC numbers, fake ID and contraband purchases of all types, you now have Gram, a Google-Styled search engine which works only through the Tor browser.

Where's the Admiral Ackbar pic when you need it... (aka I'm lazy)...

NSA is all over TOR, so... no thank you.

ya TOR has been compromised as proven by recent busts that have been done. Considering the Navy? invented it, i am sure they know every little in and out of it.

ya TOR has been compromised as proven by recent busts that have been done. Considering the Navy? invented it, i am sure they know every little in and out of it.

TOR itself is very hard to compromise. Slides from the Edward Snowden leaks showed that NSA considered it a "problem" So what NSA did was load up TOR with NSA controlled servers nodes to act as service nodes for TOR. Even though they didn't likely control the entire net path, with a little time they could deduce where the traffic was coming and going.

The other thing NSA did was intentionally cripple it to discourage it's use.

So yeah, TOR is effectively dead until the TOR project

1) Does perfect forward encryption using elipticals.
2) Figures out a way to filter out the NSA servers.

I'm neutral on TOR. Don't do anything illegal and it has legitimate uses, including whistle blowing against non gov't entities. Or to protect one's identity where one fears retaliation or potential harm from exposing your identity. (ie: Rape Victims, Sex Addicts, Drug Addicts looking for support.)

BTW: The other thing the NSA/FBI did was comprise the dark web servers so that the servers revealed the location of the machines connecting to them. I can't remember exactly how they did this without Flash, but it had something to do with a flaw in Java/Java Script security.

Considering the NSA willingly hid an exploit that made OpenSSL a total joke for years I really wouldn't be worried about them and TOR. TOR is more a haven for criminals than it is for the NSA. If you intend to to participate in the illegal sex trade , buy unlicensed and illegal weaponry and purchase illegal drugs then you should be worried about the FBI much much more who actively troll the dark net for organized crime.

One important reminder about the NSA is that even if they actively capture huge amounts of information that even Google , a company that is at the top of willful data collection , struggles greatly to keep basic information searchable through its engine. One thing we can always count on is the incompetence of the Government. No chance they developed a program capable of dealing that kind of information. More than likely they use a keyword activation program that parses the data as its intercepted which makes the whole system only viable for a short term memory load. Whatever is archived is probably not even a double digit percentage of the information passed. Even with technology 10+ years in advance to whats on the market you would need far more than a few facilities like the one that is now infamous in Utah.

Total encryption node to node for TOR isn't going to happen anytime soon either.

Meh...people using the Internet for something other than sending e-mail and sharing cat pics are all evil.

Back