NVIDIA Launches GeForce Experience 2.0

No thanks. I can't stand the auto-optimizing. It never picks settings I'm happy with and I about went apoplectic after I installed it the first time.

No thanks. I can't stand the auto-optimizing. It never picks settings I'm happy with and I about went apoplectic after I installed it the first time.

uh, it doesn't do anything unless you tell it to

I installed it once awhile back, looked at what it did, decided it was just Nvidia's version of junkware and removed it. Every time a new driver comes out, people complain about how it borks up the driver download, so I have yet to change my mind about it being junkware.

I installed it once awhile back, looked at what it did, decided it was just Nvidia's version of junkware and removed it. Every time a new driver comes out, people complain about how it borks up the driver download, so I have yet to change my mind about it being junkware.

Bro..

DDU ------> Fresh Driver

Do it everytime and youll never have an issue

I was never interested in this from the day it first came out. I want total control, not automatic what Nvidia thinks I want. I'm happy to do my own tweaking thank you very much. I install drivers manually to select what I want and don't want installed. This 'for the masses' thing is not for me.

Bloatware? lol. If I was still running WinXP on a single core cpu and 1GB of RAM, I might consider it bloatware.

I have more than enough RAM, CPU, and HDD for this program. This program isn't even a crumb compared to the other programs my computer can chew through.

I don't like the auto game optimizations because they aren't always the best. But I don't have to enable them either. No loss there.

For me, the driver update reminders and auto-installers are a neat little feature. Shadowplay alone makes this program worth it.

The simple fact of the matter is that GE is not meant for you guys.

I highly recommend avoiding this latest driver. It's a pile of shit. Completely disabled my mixed cards, does not allow extended displays and puts my computer into a log in-log off loop when I extend.

Fuck Nvidia for disabling my onboard, my ATI card and not allowing my 4k display to be detected.
This driver is shit. The one before it was fine. Goddamn I would love to kick some nvidia employee ass.

Eh I would argue that the auto settings is meant to replace us having to turn everything on for a friend :p Nothing worse than walking into a room and someones playing on default of the box settings (1024x768 stretched to wide screen on medium details).

So in a round about way it is for us because it makes my life less annoying.

That is one way to look at it

Both my laptop and desktop are loving this new driver.. adn i'm totally stoked that shadowplay is enabled now for my laptop! Makes me super happy.... no more Fraps for me!

Driver seems fine to me, except it forced me to drop my Core clocks by one 13Mhz click to get back to fully stable in Unigine Valley.

I love auto optimization to a certain degree. Lot of games launch in 1024x or other crappy low graphic settings, i hit auto optimize for new game and just go from there. I need to tweak very little from optimized settings. When game does not have optimized settings, it require more tweaking setting it up properly, with auto optimize 90% of work is already done for you.
And shadowplay... yeah!

I was never interested in this from the day it first came out. I want total control, not automatic what Nvidia thinks I want. I'm happy to do my own tweaking thank you very much. I install drivers manually to select what I want and don't want installed. This 'for the masses' thing is not for me.

you have to use experience if you want to use shadowplay... and once again, it doesn't take any control away from you. it does what you tell it to do, nothing more. it's like you see 'automatic optimization' and then assume that it's going to be changing all of your settings.

you have to use experience if you want to use shadowplay... and once again, it doesn't take any control away from you. it does what you tell it to do, nothing more. it's like you see 'automatic optimization' and then assume that it's going to be changing all of your settings.

It's almost as if people on the internet never actually read more than the first line of anything and form a hard line opinion instantly :p

Have they let you disable the constant checks for Shield yet? Found this going mental on a PC a few months back. Constantly looking for a non-existent Shield, and spluffing errors all over the event log. Wasn't alone as found other people with big problems in the nVidia forums. Problems that went away when GE was removed.

Seems very much like a bit of software made by one of those Marketing Teams who like to have a presence on the PC all the time, slap something together, but forget to hand it to the Engineering guys to make it work properly in a non-intrusive manner..

I've gone back to "driver only" installs when setting up PCs again. For me this was a bit of Crud too Far.

And driver update notifications? Isn't that what [H] is for?

Thank you for that. I clicked it from the front page and was wondering if this provided any value to me as a more advanced user and you've answered my question.

Since I don't use Shadowplay (nice new features though for those that use it) and configure games myself, its pretty worthless. But I have suggested on geforce forums that they could make it so it detects all my games, instead of only those they have a config profile for. That way, it could at least be a "one stop" launcher. For now, it only detects 45 games of 300+ installed Steam games, where some of the 45 games are single/multiplayer of the same game and some of the games are from Origin and Uplay. The game support for GE is horrible for the moment. Raptr is much better in this regard.

Since I don't use Shadowplay (nice new features though for those that use it) and configure games myself, its pretty worthless. But I have suggested on geforce forums that they could make it so it detects all my games, instead of only those they have a config profile for. That way, it could at least be a "one stop" launcher. For now, it only detects 45 games of 300+ installed Steam games, where some of the 45 games are single/multiplayer of the same game and some of the games are from Origin and Uplay. The game support for GE is horrible for the moment. Raptr is much better in this regard.

But does it have a Ghostbusters profile?

Are those 45 games all "TWIMTBP" games? And seriously: Even a placeholder is better than nothing. Although I can see less-savvy users getting confused seeing games that are not affected being in the list.

I highly recommend avoiding this latest driver. It's a pile of shit. Completely disabled my mixed cards, does not allow extended displays and puts my computer into a log in-log off loop when I extend.

Fuck Nvidia for disabling my onboard, my ATI card and not allowing my 4k display to be detected.
This driver is shit. The one before it was fine. Goddamn I would love to kick some nvidia employee ass.

Works great for me!

I believe these issues were in the release notes for this BETA driver.

That said, I like GE because it gives me a good starting point for tweaking games.

Are those 45 games all "TWIMTBP" games? And seriously: Even a placeholder is better than nothing. Although I can see less-savvy users getting confused seeing games that are not affected being in the list.

They are not limited to TWIMTBP games and even include AMD marketing linked ones (eg. Battlefield 4). The "performance optimization" games in GFE are just those that have been run through Nvidia's test farms, where the data is used for the performance profiles being used. This is different than the approach with Raptr which relies on user submitted data instead.

Basically the games included will likely be more mainstream and popular games (keep in mind demographics as well and different markets) that skew towards more recent releases (since it's a relatively newer program).

Full list is here - http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/supported-games

No, the list doesn't seem to follow a pattern. Some old, some new, different publishers. Many TWIMTBP games are not found by GE, lots of AMD Gaming Evolved titles are found there. I think even less-sawy users would have preferred to have all their games on this list and then rather have a checkbox or some sybol next to them if they have an optimization profile like Raptr does. I hope Nvidia implements an option to have all games shown on the list, so it can be a "one stop launcher", even if they have limited profile support for them. :)

What's weird, is that games like Alice - madness returns are not found, which Nvidia had a lot of work with for both 3D vision and with PhysX. In addition, its great as a console game, something that would have been good for Shield users.

Fallout 3 and Vegas from Bethesda are there, but not Skyrim from the same publisher which is newer. Edit: Skyrim was there, I missed it. :)

Edit 2: If you mean Ghostbusters - the video game, then no, there is no profile.

Last edited:
Never liked GE since day one. The biggest issue of tuning a game is on the driver level, not in-game setting. In fact, driver failed to detect games (at least for me on multiple OS) most of the game and I have to manually open NCP and add games. Funny how GE finds all the games but it won't update the driver DB, which was what I would expect it to do since the first release, and it is still not doing it.

What I like to see from GE:
-Driver level optimization per game so people don't need to download "nvidia inspector" just to fix simple things like setting default SLI mod SFR or AFR for newer games, changing the number of cards 2 instead of default 4 etc.

-Cook Nvidia inspector into it for advance user. Add "default" to rollback to default settings.

-Multiple Profile of each game, storing in-game setting + game profile on Driver.

I've briefly used Geforce Experience on my previous system before and honestly ended up uninstalling it shortly thereafter as it proved, for me anyway, pretty unnecessary. Plus I hate having more software installed on my system then needed and I much rather prefer having manual control over what is and is not installed on my system.

I resisted GE for a year but realized it provides more benifits of having it then not.

1. Provides easy way to get new drivers

2. Provides a good base for settings on new games instead of the lowest settings/presets.

3. Shadowplay

Anybody who talks shiz about this is just a straight up curmudgeon because in reality there is no reason not to have it, its just replaces the default system tray icon anyway.

I resisted GE for a year but realized it provides more benifits of having it then not.

1. Provides easy way to get new drivers

2. Provides a good base for settings on new games instead of the lowest settings/presets.

3. Shadowplay

Anybody who talks shiz about this is just a straight up curmudgeon because in reality there is no reason not to have it, its just replaces the default system tray icon anyway.

Or they legitimately dislike and/or have no use for it. :p

Wait... did they expand shadowplay to work with laptops now? So I can use my main gaming rig to stream games to a much less capable laptop (that has a 600m or better)? That's cool. Too bad my laptop is an AMD A8....

edit - oh I see it's just for recording your gameage... meh

Last edited:
Not laptop yet, but desktop capture (on primary display) is finally there, and that's what really matters for Shadowplay to see a lot of use.

Back