Amazon Fire TV Teardown

I ordered one of these, really looking forward to it. <3 Amazon! No need to power up the PS3 to stream videos. When looking at the power draw between this and the PS3 I'll probably make my money back inside a year.

Amazon rocks!

I ordered one of these, really looking forward to it. <3 Amazon! No need to power up the PS3 to stream videos. When looking at the power draw between this and the PS3 I'll probably make my money back inside a year.

Amazon rocks!

Want to replace the ole' PS3 as well but without some sort of native DLNA streaming option I am going to hang out for a little bit. I know about Plex and this and that, but I just want it out of the box.

Want to replace the ole' PS3 as well but without some sort of native DLNA streaming option I am going to hang out for a little bit. I know about Plex and this and that, but I just want it out of the box.

Guys over at XBMC already have XBMC running half way decent. Give it a couple weeks and it's going to be one of the best XBMC boxes out there besides a full blown HTPC.

I got mine yesterday, I might actually make use of my Prime streaming videos now.

Shocked the RFID haters aren't pouncing on the fact this has supposed RFID items in it, hooked up or not.

The real question is, who's gonna blend it first :rolleyes:

Wondering how decent of a Android Game console this thing will become.

Shocked the RFID haters aren't pouncing on the fact this has supposed RFID items in it, hooked up or not.

I plan on wrapping mine in a huge ball tin foil so the nsa can't track me from five countries away.

I have it guys , ask away and I will try to answer.

Currently have it running Plex to my Plex Server w/ Windows 8 - So far all MKV's and older AVIs play fine.
Menus are pretty speedy.

Nice teardown, as usual, ifixit does them right! :)

Back