SPOILERS: New AMD Card Coming

In addition to this one, they are also releasing a card that costs $1,499 that comes with an all-in-one water cooling solution built into the card. Think it's a dual 290x or something. No sure.

We are weeks away from the new Haswell-E, x99 and DDR4

Exciting times

Unless it has a CPU that competes with Intel in performance, I care very little. If it's a GPU then it'll cost more money then most of us spend on our entire PC. Nvidia released a $3000 graphics card just to one up AMD. So what now AMD's going to do something equally as stupid?

New card is faster than 780ti SLI or 290x CrossfireX from what I understand. :)

Video card with a briefcase included...is it the X1950 XTX Uber Edition?

Interesting stuff, but not as exciting as new mobile processors and better "free" integrated GPUs that make inexpensive, low-power platforms not only able to do some work type stuff but also support a little bit of occasional fun.

Unless it has a CPU that competes with Intel in performance, I care very little. If it's a GPU then it'll cost more money then most of us spend on our entire PC. Nvidia released a $3000 graphics card just to one up AMD. So what now AMD's going to do something equally as stupid?

Considering the side of the case clearly says "Radeon", it is safe to assume this is a graphics card.

...but what is inside, I shall not reveal.

3oq8jv.jpg

Unless it has a CPU that competes with Intel in performance, I care very little.

Well, it says Radeon on the side, so pretty safe bet it's a GPU.

Sight... briefcase again? Wast it an Asus mars card last time? Marketing is such bs.

Interesting stuff, but not as exciting as new mobile processors and better "free" integrated GPUs that make inexpensive, low-power platforms not only able to do some work type stuff but also support a little bit of occasional fun.

Is it just me or are your posts getting increasingly estrogen-soaked by the day? Care to share what are you going through?

meh, AMD GPU doesn't have CUDA ... not interested. :(

Adobe After Effects & Premiere Pro require CUDA-capability for final rendering.

Did they have an intern put this together? Loving the super glossy cheap vinyl sticker with poorly cut out edges. The graphic doesn't even line up between the ribs on that shoddy oriental trading company case.

If you cant nail the presentation on a $10 briefcase promo how can anyone expect a top class $800+ card to be properly executed!

Is it just me or are your posts getting increasingly estrogen-soaked by the day? Care to share what are you going through?

Don't be so grumpy about everything. Not everyone on the planet cares about having the biggest or most power hungry GPU in a clunky obsolete desktop form factor. Most computers sold have some sort of integrated graphics and it's been that way for a really long time so I don't think there's anything wrong with being more interested in getting better stuff from Intel with their processor or from AMD built into their CPUs.

Isn't it a bit late to be shipping AMD heaters now ?
It is spring time, not winter!

I believe they can use OpenCL and benefit from rendering on AMD GPUs as well.

With certain exceptions you are correct. Some of the AE stuff was built using the Nvidia supplied CUDA libraries and doesn't have an OpenCL equivalent just yet. But most of the rendering in Premiere works just as well in OpenCL now as it does in CUDA. And I'm sure Adobe will continue to work on it if for no other reason than the new Mac Pro using AMD's graphics chips.

Be silent, peasant. Myself and my yachting mates have already decided we must have this mysterious device, damn the cost.

Did they have an intern put this together? Loving the super glossy cheap vinyl sticker with poorly cut out edges. The graphic doesn't even line up between the ribs on that shoddy oriental trading company case.

If you cant nail the presentation on a $10 briefcase promo how can anyone expect a top class $800+ card to be properly executed!

Talk about trying to gripe about something just to gripe. I can't see what you're talking about in the pics. The "misaligned ribs" are part of the graphic and were printed that way. It's not cut out vinyl.

Don't be so grumpy about everything. Not everyone on the planet cares about having the biggest or most power hungry GPU in a clunky obsolete desktop form factor. Most computers sold have some sort of integrated graphics and it's been that way for a really long time so I don't think there's anything wrong with being more interested in getting better stuff from Intel with their processor or from AMD built into their CPUs.

Not everyone on the planet gives two s**** about what you're interested in either ;)

If you dont like Amd products, why even bother clicking on the link, reading the article, and then gracing the forum with your ever whiny, bitchy, and complaining presence. If you dont like it, just shut the fuck up and go read something you do like. Self important internet bitches.

EDIT: For Adobe After Effects, where it matters is in its ray tracing engine, and right now only CUDA is supported. Sure, yeah, you can use an AMD GPU but it's going to hurt really hard when you run a final render and get less than 0.1 fps on a machine with an i7-3930K overclocked to 4.2 GHz + 32GB DDR3-1600 RAM + all work being on purely on SSD.

Back