DOJ Pushes to Expand Hacking Abilities Against Cyber-Criminals

HardOCP News

[H] News
Sheesh, what other "hacking abilities" does the government need? These guys have damn near the whole planet under surveillance and they hack anyone they want. At least the word "warrant" was mentioned a few times in this article. ;)

The U.S. Department of Justice is pushing to make it easier for law enforcement to get warrants to hack into the computers of criminal suspects across the country. Investigators say they need more flexibility to get warrants to allow hacking in such cases, especially when multiple computers are involved or the government doesn’t know where the suspect’s computer is physically located.

Last edited:
I thought they pretty much already had that.

I know huh. I love how the US cracks down on dissidents and tortures their families for disagreeing with them. Oh wait that is Russia, North Korea, China, and tali ban controlled territories.

I know huh. I love how the US cracks down on dissidents and tortures their families for disagreeing with them. Oh wait that is Russia, North Korea, China, and tali ban controlled territories.

Because all coercion is torture.:eek:

I want a 10,000 word minimum document very specifically identifying what makes a Cyber-Criminal.

This is our government. Accidentally gong to www.gooooogle.com (stuck key) instead of www.google.com would be enough for them to attack the way things are going these days.

I know because you're being coerced every day by our government. Hate to bust it to you but America is still one of the most lax nations in the world.

Bust it to me?

Bad dudes in foreign lands means our lack of consent is just peachy!

Every single thread that involves something about the USG invariably attracts all the mega-grumpies that wanna somehow twist it to support the agenda they invented about how its all so awful so they can justify being upset to themselves.

Every single thread that involves something about the USG invariably attracts all the mega-grumpies that wanna somehow twist it to support the agenda they invented about how its all so awful so they can justify being upset to themselves.

debate is hard

debate is hard

There's a huge difference between parallel ranting and debate. What happens in threads like this is usually parallel ranting...sorta like how toddlers play alongside one another but not really with each other which is parallel play, but this is more angry and rant-y most of the time. One of my friends worked in a daycare with itty bitty kids and it's exactly the same kinda thing here.

involuntary taxes
eminent domain
minimum wage laws (lack of equilibrium prices)
the 'social contract' (implicit consent / hypothetical consent)

involuntary taxes
eminent domain

Aren't there like amendments and junk that outline the tax thing...I think its the 16th...and eminent domain is sort of necessary for stuff like state parks and building infrastructure that people need to have for commerce.

Minimum wages are okay too. Raising them all the time might make stuff more expensive and not really help in the long run aside from making inflation, but whatever.

And what is a social contract? Those zany Facebook people must be up to something again.

What lack of consent is there. Last I checked we're still protected by the constitution and the supreme court.

Apparently you do not keep up with what is happening.

The Democrat party is bypassing/ignoring the constitution all the time now. And the Republicans are not doing anything to stop it.

So yeah, most all of our elected officials are vying for a rule of the many by the few.

The continuously flat out lie to the American public, all the while ignoring laws on the books and wanting to come up with new laws that claim to do the same thing the current ignored laws already cover.

We have a "president" who is constantly signing executive orders to push stuff through that the American people do not want, and the other politicians in Washington are letting it happen and even pushing for more of it.

Protected by the constitution and the courts my rear. That went out the window the moment the current president came into office.

involuntary taxes
eminent domain

Try actually writing a sentence.

Oh, and your youtube video, WTF does that mean, explain what Obama meant when he said "what set's a nation state apart is it's monopoly on violence".

The Democrat party is bypassing/ignoring the constitution all the time now. And the Republicans are not doing anything to stop it.

So yeah, most all of our elected officials are vying for a rule of the many by the few.

The continuously flat out lie to the American public, all the while ignoring laws on the books and wanting to come up with new laws that claim to do the same thing the current ignored laws already cover.

We have a "president" who is constantly signing executive orders to push stuff through that the American people do not want, and the other politicians in Washington are letting it happen and even pushing for more of it.

Protected by the constitution and the courts my rear. That went out the window the moment the current president came into office.

Specifics man, we can't debate unspecific comments which become, unfounded if unsupported.

It's like A-Sandwich and his penchant for thinking a link to a video is a statement. At least he could say something about it, he likes it, he thinks part of it is bogus, something.

Give me a break. I'm no fan of Obama, voted Libertarian in the last national election, but if you're pinning it all on him you're very new to this game and have a lot to learn. Hint: executive power has expanded with pretty much each and every President.

With the exception of Obamacare, my problem with Obama isn't what he has done, it's what he doesn't or can't get done.

Try actually writing a sentence.

Oh, and your youtube video, WTF does that mean, explain what Obama meant when he said "what set's a nation state apart is it's monopoly on violence".

I was accused of making up an expression.

I posted a video of the POTUS saying the exact phrase, proving I did not create the phrase on 3.28.2014.

That is a legitimate expression, and it isn't wrong for the government to have a monopoly on violence. It is what creates law and order, rather than a vengeance cycle like you see with tribal regions in the Middle East.

Instead of immediately going and murdering the entire family of someone who hurt your daughter (as rewarding as it would be), which then triggers retribution on your family, etc, etc, repeat on and off for the next thousand years - you call the police, and you go through the court system. That doesn't mean you can't defend yourself with violence against violence in an immediate situation. It's once that situation is gone, you no longer can legally use violence.

Aren't there like amendments and junk that outline the tax thing...I think its the 16th...and eminent domain is sort of necessary for stuff like state parks and building infrastructure that people need to have for commerce.

Minimum wages are okay too. Raising them all the time might make stuff more expensive and not really help in the long run aside from making inflation, but whatever.

And what is a social contract? Those zany Facebook people must be up to something again.

The Maryland senate is trying to use eminent domain to coerce House of Cards to stay in the state and pay taxes. Under the proposal, if they leave, eminent domain would kick in, confiscating their property.

The line about eminent domain only being used in extreme cases was a fantasy. Its being used as a punitive measure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...15a0ca-b605-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html

The Maryland senate is trying to use eminent domain to coerce House of Cards to stay in the state and pay taxes. Under the proposal, if they leave, eminent domain would kick in, confiscating their property.

The line about eminent domain only being used in extreme cases was a fantasy. Its being used as a punitive measure.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...15a0ca-b605-11e3-8cb6-284052554d74_story.html

If that's all what's really going on and there's not more behind the story that we aren't getting, then the people who live in Maryland should decide whether or not they want to do the voting thing to fix it. If they don't then it's not a big enough deal and everything is okay.

I see. If enough people didn't press the button next to the new guy's name enough times, violence didn't actually happen to a completely different set of people.

Its a privilege to watch your mind work.

I was accused of making up an expression.

I posted a video of the POTUS saying the exact phrase, proving I did not create the phrase on 3.28.2014.

Oh shit, I was wrong man. I completely dorked that one.

involuntary taxes
eminent domain

Considering we vote on taxes and minimum wage I would count that as consent. Eminent domain I will grant you but will say it is overturned more than it is granted; however, it should be easier to fight for private citizens. The social contract ideology I guess needs to be expanded upon.

Just like the Republicans do when they are in power? That patriot act is so beneficial is it not?

[/QUOTE]So yeah, most all of our elected officials are vying for a rule of the many by the few.

Protected by the constitution and the courts my rear. That went out the window the moment the current president came into office.[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether or not you think you're not protected you are. You're focusing on a politically vague and nebulous ideology to say you're not. But you ha en the right to vote into power a representative who will espoused your ideologies.

Of course, that entire video was actually specific to a discussion on the military and the use of contractors in combat type roles. There really is an issue with this that the President didn't bring up. Blackwater wasn't being used in anything like a traditional combat role, they were being used as security for friendly and foreign political types, bodyguards, convoy security, etc. And for training foreign security personnel. That kind of mission is not part of a typical combat soldier's mission and it doesn't fall into a traditional Special Forces role either. But he did have the part about losing troops to the Contractor jobs right, but then again, some of those Blackwater guys were no longer fit for front line combat duty anyway. I knew at least one that was put out because his injuries meant they couldn't keep him on active duty anymore. Anyway.

Sheesh, what other "hacking abilities" does the government need? These guys have damn near the whole planet under surveillance and they hack anyone they want. At least the word "warrant" was mentioned a few times in this article. ;)

I just like how they ask for the ability to do what cyber criminals do so they can collect information. Pot meet kettle.

Violence? Buttons? What are you even talking about? :confused:

CreepyUncleGoogle said:
If that's all what's really going on and there's not more behind the story that we aren't getting, then the people who live in Maryland should decide whether or not they want to do the voting thing to fix it. If they don't then it's not a big enough deal and everything is okay.

You are absolving the act of eminent domain, and claiming its acceptable simply because of a vote count.

Remember when black people were 3/5ths of a person?

You are absolving the act of eminent domain, and claiming its acceptable simply because of a vote count.

Remember when black people were 3/5ths of a person?

No, I don't remember when black people were 3/5ths of a person. If you mean that for voting purposes, we're past that stuff now. We should remember it as a big mistake people in the US made and get on with not seeing people as either who their ancestors were or the current color of their skin.

As for this thing in Maryland, I'm saying there are probably a lot of other factors like maybe they're behind on paying taxes and if they leave without doing it, the state probably has a right to recoup unpaid monies by taking property. Why else would they be running away complaining? The thing is, the whole story isn't getting out and making a buncha assumptions about the government being evil when it's most certainly acting legally is something a silly-dilly does.

"We're past that stuff now"

Now you're just dodging the discussion entirely.
The point I've been making is that the act of voting does not remove violence.

The eminent domain is being used as a threat to compel the tv show from leaving the state in the future. Its not about past payments.

"We're past that stuff now"

Now you're just dodging the discussion entirely.
The point I've been making is that the act of voting does not remove violence.

The eminent domain is being used as a threat to compel the tv show from leaving the state in the future. Its not about past payments.

We really are past that stuff now. :p Its a bad thing that happened like a long time ago and its over.

Anyhow, if the people of Maryland think it's a big deal, they'll vote someone else into office with different views. There's nothing voilent about that. No one is getting hit with a stick or whatever and it's a TV show? I thought you were talking about a bar or nightclub or something. Still, it doesn't matter at all because that's something the people who live in Maryland need to talk about with their state government. If they don't like it, they can complain about it. If they think it's okay, then they can just ignore it. I've never even heard of that TV show, so whatever it is, it's probably pretty insignificant anyway and no one really seems to care.

So now popularity decides whether an action taken by the government could be considered violent.

Good thing Al-Awlaki isn't very popular.

So now popularity decides whether an action taken by the government could be considered violent.

Good thing Al-Awlaki isn't very popular.

You seriously need to read up about what the word "violent" means. I'm guessing you're in the librarytarian camp. They like to accuse stuff that doesn't involve violence as being violent. It's supposed to put some horribad spin on a thing so everyone gasps and says, "Oh that's so awful!" but I don't think too many people actually believe that since it's really fringe-y and extreme compared to mainstream normal boys and girls. They should soooo put me in charge of the libbies so they can look a lot nicer. I'd festoon everything with a rainbow and smiley face.

Back