Anti-Piracy Company Posts $2M Loss

HardOCP News

[H] News
On top of failing to curb piracy at all, it looks like the anti-piracy people are losing tons of money as well.

Financial results published by anti-piracy group Rightscorp shows that while turning piracy into profit is a nice idea, it's not lucrative for everyone. A loss of $2.04m in 2013 means that for every single dollar of settlement revenue sent back to companies like Warner Bros., Rightscorp lost close to $13.

To catch a pirate, you must become a pirate. It's a strange world indeed when corporations hire former pirates to then take down pirates getting paid by the same people they were once ripping off. Such is one case of the Morganelli Group where the guy who runs the outfit has a very nasty habit. I wonder how many other people get the same treatment of pay a huge multi-million dollar fine destroying your life, wind up in prison, or come work for us.

After the countless number of lives the RIAA/MPAA has destroyed through cut throat tactics, it's hard to support any organization these days enforcing "copyright" whether right or wrong.

Good, maybe one less ambulance chaser going after grandma's because they have a song they might not have bought on their computer.

someone's been embezzling shit.

That's it entirely. I don't know why they call this a "loss." The money didn't disappear, it went somewhere. And that somewhere is probably in someone's pocket.

it's hard to support any organization these days enforcing "copyright" whether right or wrong.

[H] enforces copyrights. You are supporting [H] (theoretically perhaps) by generating page hits and ad-revenue with your post's content.

it's hard to support any organization these days enforcing "copyright" whether right or wrong.

I have no problem with people enforcing copyright. That includes the correct definition and application of the fair use part of copyright. What I don't support is lawsuit-slinging sleaze balls that extort money from people supposedly in the name of copyright. Those people need to be slow-frozen and kept alive to feel every agonizing second of eternal icy torment. A cold hell for cold-blooded heartless goons who get rich off the misery of others, most of whom are innocent but just can't afford to fight them in court.

Back