Facebook Is Still Failing Marketers

HardOCP News

[H] News
If it is common knowledge that this is a problem for marketers, and anyone else that gives money to Facebook to be "promoted," why is it still happening? Think it isn't really a problem? Watch this video.

Facebook just helps facebook -- and government agencies who reserve the right to tap into their server to help themselves to all of your info and connections.

If it is common knowledge that this is a problem for marketers, and anyone else that gives money to Facebook to be "promoted," why is it still happening? Think it isn't really a problem? Watch this video.

The universe-size avalanche of data Facebook must see would make it hard to do much about this, I would imagine. And marketers are damned if they do, damned if they don't - while there are innumerable hordes of fake profiles, there are also a lot of real customers out there to reach on Facebook.

Marketers... sounds like a fancy name for Advertisers...

I still think making good, well priced products will get you the farthest... but I'm just a consumer so what do I know.

I still think making good, well priced products will get you the farthest... but I'm just a consumer so what do I know.

Interesting angle... now... you just need to market it! :D

Marketing is Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. So advertising is a component, yes. You must reach the market you want to sell to.

/marketing major

You're wrong and I'm sure there are plenty of marketers on here that will tell you why.

Marketers = Advertisers = Salesmen = Scum.

Marketing is Product, Price, Place, and Promotion. So advertising is a component, yes. You must reach the market you want to sell to.

/marketing major

Too bad all the focus is on PROMOTION... aka shoving crap at people.

/marketing major

Gotta love all the armchair experts in here. What Facebook does do is provide a good way to interact with your existing fans. As far as building fans, well the jury is still out on that one. But with all the nerd-rage against Facebook and subjects outside of tech and computers, I doubt anyone cares to really think about the marketing impact of Facebook.

Plenty of us thought that a long time ago.
The conclusion some marketers are coming to: The paid ads Facebook encourages them to buy often lead to “fake” fans generated by “like farms.”
LOL!

The conclusion some marketers are coming to: The paid ads Facebook encourages them to buy often lead to “fake” fans generated by “like farms.”

So in other words... they are getting some of their own medicine and they don't like it?

Oh the horror.

Back