PlayStation 4 Supply Issues Will Be Fixed This Summer

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Sony is reporting that the availability of its PS4 will be more in line with the demand this summer. So far since the debut of the PS4 in November, demand has far outstripped the available supply by a wide margin.

Overall, the console market is shrinking. It will be hard to sell as many PS4s and Xbox Ones as PS3s and Xbox 360s.

I guess that's why Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon all have them in stock.

Can the console industry stop making shit up for once.

These are in high demand? If true, why? Have they even had any new games come out for the fucking thing?

There is a supply issue, but isn't nearly as bad compared to around christmas. Just checked the stock of Best Buy stores around me for a PS4 and only one out of the 10 listed has it in stock. The console is certainly in stock places, but people have to hunt a bit more for it.

Been watching the PS4/Xbone like a hawk and have yet to find a reason to get one :X

I guess that's why Best Buy, Gamestop, and Amazon all have them in stock.

Can the console industry stop making shit up for once.

I think it's scarce in some places. Where I live, there are a couple in every store. Same with XBox One. Where I'm at now (vacation in Arizona), they are still around, but not as many places have them in stock. Craigslist folks are still trying to get a $200 premium, though ($600). Maybe in CA or NY it's a different story and it's hard to find them. So, I take these articles with a huge grain of salt, as well as think of it as locally speaking for the author (which is weird, as the internet is worldwide and local articles are getting rare).

I think if the PS4 played existing PS3 games, or XBone played 360 games, they would be truly sold out.

As it is I have a huge Disc library and don't need another console in my living room. If I chose one of them, then I lose the ability to play many games.

All of the local stores I have been to here in the Seattle metro area have had the PS4 in stock the last few weeks. Both Walmart and Fred Meyer had a bunch in stock yesterday when I visited both stores to do my 2 week grocery shopping stuff. Funny, Fry's was out of stock on the PS4.

lol I was first told by GameStop that they'd have them in late February. I then got an email a few days ago saying that they were finally back in stock. Eh. Not worth it. It wasn't so great.

I still have yet to see one in the stores that I've been to.

I don't plan to buy one anytime soon, but I do step into the Electronics section from time to time out of curiosity.

4 months later and everyone still saying the same shit..

50% of the world says.."I can't find them anywhere!" Other 50% says "I see 150 each at my local walmart"...

That article has some horrid reporting. I'm guessing the author doesn't know jack about the console market. From the article:

When comparing the last generation console launch with this generation, the PS3 and Xbox 360 sold faster. Part of it can be explained by supply issues. But it’s a recurring issue with console launches.

While actual sales numbers show the PS4 is out selling all other PS launches.

http://gearnuke.com/ps4-sales-compared-ps1-ps2-ps3/

Guess some websites will do anything for a click.

^ the sales trend for the PS4 is right around where the Wii was in terms of growth, the Xbone is just under that amount. The consoles are not in stock everywhere but the article is full of crap. They are both the best selling consoles in history.

I don't know how you can say the console market is shrinking when you add up each generations totals there is growth.

Yeah, not a single supply issue from any local shop's, but eh, take your time, got plenty of PC games to keep me busy. :p

No rush, no must have games to play on PS4. At least Xbone has Titanfall. My PS4 collects dust for the most part. Would have SO MUCH buyers remorse had it not been an Xmas present.

No rush, no must have games to play on PS4. At least Xbone has Titanfall. My PS4 collects dust for the most part. Would have SO MUCH buyers remorse had it not been an Xmas present.

Infamous is amazing

With Sony hitting Canada with a major price increase, including $10 more per game, at $70 before tax a game, I cant see people not just going with the xbone instead.

I noticed recently that my local Gamestops are starting to stock up on Playstation 4, but still don't see them anywhere else. By contrast, at TigerDirect the other day they had a stack of XBONEs that was 3 high, 3 deep, and 5 across.

Speaking of Gamestop, I chuckled out loud when I went to the one I don't normally go to and saw a display upon entering very similar to this :D.

Back