Xbox One Titanfall Bundle Now $450

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Walmart and Best Buy are dealing. The two superstores are featuring the newly released Titanfall for $449 bucks and they are even throwing in an Xbox One to boot. :D The sale has no end date which means it could be pulled as quickly as it appeared.

How long will the discounted price last? A Walmart spokeswoman told CNET, "There is no set end date. We will monitor the market and adjust our pricing accordingly."

I still maintain that if they wanted to move consoles, take out the kinect and any bundled software and sell it for 300. I'd buy one and I really don't even need one.

Bundles to me.... tell me they wouldn't be able to sell all the extra crap on their own, so they have to wrap it up with something desirable.

If their goal is to get one into everyone's house so they can bank on software/subscription services, shouldn't these things be 199?

I have a feeling that Microsoft has their hand in this. It would seem unusual for both stores to take a $50 hit on each unit. My problem is that there really are not any must have games on either this or the PS4. This has been a very very slow launch.

I have a feeling that Microsoft has their hand in this. It would seem unusual for both stores to take a $50 hit on each unit. My problem is that there really are not any must have games on either this or the PS4. This has been a very very slow launch.

Isn't it closer to a $100 hit, considering the cost of the game? I wonder if $400 will eventually become the MSRP for Xbone.

wwhy does anybody need the xbone again when i have a pc to play the only thing that it has worth bothering with?

Worked out well for me. I was going to get one for my birthday anyways so we were able to pickup the bundle plus an extra controller for $500.

The console cost $500 to begin with so you are already in the mindset of paying $500. With this you get a game and two controllers. I think that's a good deal. And already puts it even with a PS4.

$500 certainly isn't the most expensive console in the history of consoles.... and that was a lot of money in the 90's.

Through an Xbox, yes. So? Xbox live Gold does far more than just Netflix.

Do you realize you are like the lone soul praising the 720p box?

They couldn't name it the Xbox 720 because in fact that was the target resolution, and that may scare people off...

And even at 400 bucks sales will stagnate. I would call a 300 dollar price a agressive price.

They couldn't name it the Xbox 720 because in fact that was the target resolution, and that may scare people off...

And even at 400 bucks sales will stagnate. I would call a 300 dollar price a agressive price.

We can't focus on resolution alone though. TV 20 years ago was only 480p at best, yet it still looks more lifelike then any game that's ever been made. The answer of course is a lot more complexity in the polygon models which will require a lot more processing power. But I don't see "more pixels" as the answer to better looking games.

PS4 is the runaway train in sales right now, which makes you wonder - at what point does Microsoft look back and realize "We lost over of a webcam"

PS4 is the runaway train in sales right now, which makes you wonder - at what point does Microsoft look back and realize "We lost over of a webcam"
Hardly a run away but yeah they sell 110% of what microsoft moves in the long run they will have a larger install base assuming that trend continues. Either way i'm not touching either console for a year or so, mostly for games to come out a little bit to avoid some defect that inevitably found in the first run of the consoles.

YA GUYS, it would seem REALLY unusual for retailers to price match each other and compete with each other. /sarcasm

Yeah, how dare I come on here and say something positive about the Xbox. So what are you saying, that I should go thread dump on PS4 threads instead? Or more likely, the other Xbox owners are playing games at the moment since PS4 owners have nothing better to do but thread dump on Xbox threads?

Well, if it matters that much to you, when are you sending me a free PS4 so I can be converted? :p

PS4 is the runaway train in sales right now"

Well, no, not really. However, I sure hope so for PS4 owners sake since Sony well since it does not have anything else going for them at this time. (I sure would hate having purchased something, invested a lot of money only to find the company went belly up.)

I recently acquired a Xbox One from the forum here and love it. I enjoy the voice commands and all the movie apps (Amazon, Hulu Plus) all respond incredibly fast compared to the 360.

My favorite games so far are Dead Rising 3 , Titanfall , and Tomb Raider Definitive.

I recently acquired a Xbox One from the forum here and love it. I enjoy the voice commands and all the movie apps (Amazon, Hulu Plus) all respond incredibly fast compared to the 360.

My favorite games so far are Dead Rising 3 , Titanfall , and Tomb Raider Definitive.

How much do you use Hulu Plus? I am considering getting in along the Netflix I already have but I am not sure.

Well, no, not really. However, I sure hope so for PS4 owners sake since Sony well since it does not have anything else going for them at this time. (I sure would hate having purchased something, invested a lot of money only to find the company went belly up.)
I wouldn't expect Sony to be going anywehre any time soon. The outlook for profitability from Moody's on Sony is still stable as Sony has recently restructured their lines of business. They are still supported a lot by their movie and music divisions, and the gaming division still makes a profit despite them taking a loss on every PS4 sold. We'll see how truly grim Sony's fiscal year has been at the end of the month, but the future doesn't look to be all doom-and-gloom. Sony is just behind the times in some of their segments and they need to do some catching up.

Back on topic, I think that this pricing is coming from Microsoft to take advantage of the short-term hype over Titanfall. The price cut would also be attractive to potential PS4 buyers since people are having a hard time finding them in stock at the moment. I wouldn't expect them to bring the price down on the core model for at least another 6-8 months, when the rumored hardware refresh is supposed to hit production. Those people holding out for the console's game library to be buffed up, or to look for any further Gen-1 production issues, will also be looking to make a purchase at that time.

Meh, ill stick to my 360. I have so many games that I sill need to play, I mainly find myself playing a few of the more popular xbox live arcade titles anyways.

doesnt titanfall get in the single digit fps at times on XB1 lol. Sounds like a great time.

Back