BlackBerry Selling 3M Square Feet Of Space In Canada

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like BlackBerry is taking a page out of Sony's playbook by selling off property to generate some much needed cash.

The real estate sale is just the latest move by CEO John Chen to help BlackBerry raise cash and decrease its expenses. The Waterloo, Ontario-based company has watched its sales plummet over the last couple of years, and last year entered into a deal to raise $1 billion via convertible debt with equity firm Fairfax Financial. In January, Fairfax announced plans to invest another $250 million in BlackBerry.

more like Fairfax plans to lose another $250 million in BlackBerry

So, now they can buy a garden shed in the USA, right?

RIM started to crash years ago. I live in Ottawa and we have a number of large RIM facilities.
Last year, a few blocks from my home in Kanata, RIM broke ground on a huge, state of the art facility.
The facility opened right around the time they changed name to Blackberry.

How can they possibly have issues? I mean its not like they do stupid things like tank the business, and as they are laying people off, they put up a spectacular building. I mean they still havent finished the sign on the side of the building and they are selling off properties all over.
its the running joke in my neighbourhood.

Back