WhatsApp Won't Compromise Your Privacy For Facebook

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like how WhatsApp's CEO says all this, like it's even his decision anymore. That's cute. :D

Respect for your privacy is coded into our DNA, and we built WhatsApp around the goal of knowing as little about you as possible: You don’t have to give us your name and we don’t ask for your email address. We don’t know your birthday. We don’t know your home address. We don’t know where you work. We don’t know your likes, what you search for on the internet or collect your GPS location. None of that data has ever been collected and stored by WhatsApp, and we really have no plans to change that.

Probably because they couldn't afford the servers for it. All of these startups are the same. They want all of your information.

If I had a penny for every time a CEO preemptively denied something that ended up being true the next week....

Since people log into this with their MSISDN, their privacy is for beyond compromised already.

He can easily say that due to the fact that we are run by a terrorist president obama and his commie administration. They take what ever they want even breaking 27 Constitutional laws with no punishment. The s even state they are cool with it as this is for our own good.
obama has effectively shut down what used to be called America, we are on a downward slope never to return.

Hey, somebody had to point out WhatsApp’s pivotal central role in the insidious al-Qaeda/Communist/New World Order/UN plot to enslave us all.

Keep up the good work, AK0tA! :rolleyes:

As a (former) WhatsApp user, I don't really care. They sealed their fate for me the second they sold themselves out to Facebook. I can't really be mad per se, I'd have done the same if I were him for that amount of money - but I'm moving onto Viber now. After getting to grips with it I prefer it, plus it has the advantage of free calls, works better on mobiles than Skype and has a fairly decent desktop app as well. All in all, way better than WhatsApp and for free.

Back