Google Fiber Expansion Moves On to San Antonio

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The lucky residents of San Antonio, Texas are going to be the next on Google’s list of cities slated to receive the super-fast Google Fiber.

According to the San Antonio Express-News report, the contract approved today "allows Google Fiber to lease space for its fiber huts... for an initial 20-year period

The ignorant far-right Luddites in this state will probably do everything they can to block Google Fiber here., if SB1062 wasn't enough to tell Google (as well as Apple, Intel, and anyone else) that Arizona does not want to join the 21st century world.

The ignorant far-right Luddites in this state will probably do everything they can to block Google Fiber here., if SB1062 wasn't enough to tell Google (as well as Apple, Intel, and anyone else) that Arizona does not want to join the 21st century world.

Wouldn't a Luddite tend to be more left of center :confused: Has the brainwashing really gotten to you?

Wouldn't a Luddite tend to be more left of center :confused: Has the brainwashing really gotten to you?
Not really sure where a luddite would be on a political spectrum as the only basis for a luddite is that they fear new technology. As Left and Right doesn't necessarily promote or is against new technology. Alought a far right conservative would be geared to keeping the status quo which would be the most alike.

Not sure what you mean left of center would imply. Unless you mean the majority of people in the US polled though questions about their beliefs, without the subtext of political, they would lean left of center. Although if asked directly about political beliefs they would lean right of center.

I was sure Cruiser Lake, Haliburton would be the place to go for fibre. They need to test the... The economic viability of small population roll-outs!

AHAHAHHA.. Arizona.. far right? AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sure, they may vote Republican, but I would never in 100 years say that they are far right, and I lived there for about 20 years.

Republican != far right.

Alought a far right conservative would be geared to keeping the status quo which would be the most alike.

Do you actually believe that?

Status quo right now is:

1. The bigger the government the better (not conservative one bit)
2. The Constitution can be ignored and trampled on (not conservative one bit)
3. Let's spend our way into oblivion (not conservative one bit)
4. The president doesn't have to follow laws if he doesn't want to (not conservative one bit)
5. The president can make up/modify laws as he sees fit (not conservative one bit)
6. Let's use the IRS to punish those we don't like (not conservative one bit)
7. You don't need to work to make a living, we will make those that actually work pay for you to have a better lifestyle then they do (not conservative one bit)

Do you want more examples?

Do you actually believe that?

Status quo right now is:

1. The bigger the government the better (not conservative one bit)
2. The Constitution can be ignored and trampled on (not conservative one bit)
3. Let's spend our way into oblivion (not conservative one bit)
4. The president doesn't have to follow laws if he doesn't want to (not conservative one bit)
5. The president can make up/modify laws as he sees fit (not conservative one bit)
6. Let's use the IRS to punish those we don't like (not conservative one bit)
7. You don't need to work to make a living, we will make those that actually work pay for you to have a better lifestyle then they do (not conservative one bit)

Do you want more examples?
I think you don't understand the difference between a specific example and broad generalization about ideology.

They should had brought it to Oklahoma. Nothing in Texas but tumbleweeds

:p

Figures. Just as soon as I make it away from San Antonio something awesome happens there.

I'm sort of surprised they'd consider anyplace in Texas with how economically depressed and behind the times the state is being about as far to the south as Florida, but I guess Google thinks there's something there worth spying on if they're going to start collecting data directly from users as an ISP.

I'm sort of surprised they'd consider anyplace in Texas with how economically depressed and behind the times the state is being about as far to the south as Florida, but I guess Google thinks there's something there worth spying on if they're going to start collecting data directly from users as an ISP.

Are you trolling?

If you think that Google isn't going to take full advantage of seeing all the network traffic leaving your home or business, then yeah, sure I'm trolling. I also have beachfront property for sale in Wyoming that I'd see you for a great price.

Back