FAA Appeals Commercial Drone Ruling

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The ruling this week making the use of small, hobby-plane-sized commercial drones legal didn’t sit too well with the FAA and as expected, the FAA has filed an appeal on the decision from the NTSB.

The FAA wasn’t expected to make any rules for commercial drone usage before the end of 2015. Maybe all this activity around this court case now will get it to speed up the process a bit.

I think more newsworthy is that they tried to nail some poor bastard for 10k for...? not even having a rule for this... ahh nice!

Had a drone just like this, (see the link picture) come out of the canyon behind my house. It flew around and then climbed to about 1000 feet, totally in control. Big camera on the bottom. The problem is at 1000 feet it is starting to get into commercial air space. I live in the hills across from SFO. When the wind blows just right they use the short runways to land, not too often. When they make their landing approach, over the house, in a banking right turn you can see the little noses pressed against the windows, they are that low. A 747 looks pretty friggin big for a carrier type landing.

Back