DICE Unveils Naval Strike, the Next DLC for Battlefield 4

At least if its filled with water there will be less small bushes and willow trees that will stop a 70-ton tank dead and damage it.

Dice is cranking them out and laying them down this month. Battlefield 4 Second Assault was launched just last week and now EA and Dice unveiled screenshots from Naval Strike, the next DLC for Battlefield 4 due to be released in the very near future.

Might seem odd getting DLC3 so soon after DLC2, but it was simply the Microsoft bribe to EA for a 3-month XBONE exclusive on DLC2 that confused the release timing for other platforms.

It was always scheduled for end of march. DLC4 in June. DLC5 in September.

Might seem odd getting DLC3 so soon after DLC2, but it was simply the Microsoft bribe to EA for a 3-month XBONE exclusive on DLC2 that confused the release timing for other platforms.

It was always scheduled for end of march. DLC4 in June. DLC5 in September.

Well .. everything was supposed to be delayed until they fixed it, so the schedule should have been shifted.

Bah... I've always enjoyed every BF game, and played each until the next one came out, but this is the first one I got bored with and gave up on. I own the Premium and most likely won't even bother with the DLC.

This is one of those games that is caught in the cross roads. It is a rare "I am trying to push the graphic envelope" on PC while trying to gain console dominance across multiple platforms. I can only wish or imagine what it is really capable of had we had "true DEDICATED SERVERS and MOD TOOLS" like PC games use to be.

I still have a love/hate feeling for this game. There are days I cant stand it, and days where I am having epic only in Battlefield moments.

I am one of the few that has had little to no issues with this game from day one. Has been running fine on my system.

b201360d620983c28d6d5cc04e6dcd77849f588cf46b145b79e53c713135de35.jpg

Given the poor resolution of ongoing issues (I have lost count of how many DX11 issues and crash to desktop issues I have had in every single round) , this is surprising.

I wish they would release an updated 2142. I know they will have an updated Titan mode in this dlc, but it is not the same as jetting through the air in an escape pod, landing on the outside of the air carrier & taking it by force. Also, Mechs...

I hadn't played since Jan. 1, so after posting here, I thought I'd check it out. Took about 30 min. to find a solution to why I'd just get a blackscreen when trying join a serving. I'd forgotten getting it running was part of the game. Finally after joining, I find that while my rank remains the same, I've lost nearly all my weapons upgrades - most back down to iron sites. Thanks DICE/EA. Now I remember why I stopped playing.

Well .. everything was supposed to be delayed until they fixed it, so the schedule should have been shifted.

Maps were already done, might as well give them to us. And the "delayed until fixed" was lipservice. Its also untenable, because no two players have the same definition of what "fixed" actually means.

Unfortunately there are two subgroups: the people that complain about legitimate problems, and the rest of the people that complain about things they don't like or they're terrible at the game and scream that "the game is broken" and "fix da netcode DYZE".

I'm not ever going to defend DLC that requires you to pay for but if these offer dynamic changes in gameplay I may be swayed to throw a buck or two. If its just for maps, fuck them.

They will, and it will be called SW:Battlefront. That's as close as we're getting to a 2142 any time in the next 5-6 yrs.
I loved titan mode so much. IT reminds me of GI JOE the animated movie into.:p

Got BF4 for PS4, played it for a couple weeks, sold on Ebay for profit. Meh.

Man, I loved Battlefield 2142.

That was the most fun I've had playing anything ever. BF4 is getting close. I miss the pod landings too!

KC

I'm premium w/ about 160hrs in the game. Game never crashes anymore. I do get frustrated getting killed after ducking behind cover, but hit detection (shooting other people) has improved a lot for me. It's sad that BF4 probably won't ever feel as tight as COD or CS, so I've stopped trying to go for best K/D and try to have fun with vehicles, unlocking new weapons etc.

I think second assault is good. China rising was meh. Looking forward to the new one.

Back