Google Donates $6.8m for Free Busing for San Fran Youth

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google has a unique way of dealing with its San Francisco critics complaining about its private bus lines; the company just throws money at it until the complaining stops. Google has gifted the City of San Francisco a total of almost $7 Million dollars to provide free bus passes to SF youths. Bribe or not, Kudos to Google for its local community participation. :cool:

According to San Francisco schools superintendent Richard Carranza, "well over half" of the city's 56,000 public school students could qualify for the program,

Eh, most times I've been on Muni (and I try to keep it to a minimum) fuckers just enter through the back door *snicker* and don't pay anyways.

That's very nice for the LGBT community, but what about the rest of us? *holds out hand*

Eh, most times I've been on Muni (and I try to keep it to a minimum) fuckers just enter through the back door *snicker* and don't pay anyways.

I was in SF for a week back in September. for somebody from out of town that didn't want to deal with a rental car or a taxi the MUNI was a nice way to get from my hotel to training every day. But yeah not something I would want to rely on every day. Did notice that a few times how a few people just got on through the back and the driver didn't seem to care much. I still was "good" and always went in through the proper door with my week long ticket out and hold it up for them to see as I got on the bus.

Back