Former Apple Security Engineer To Apple: 'Fix Your Sh-t'

HardOCP News

[H] News
A former Apple security engineer tells the company "fix your sh-t." I'd like to buy a vowel please. :D

“WHAT THE EVER LOVING F**K, APPLE??!?!!” wrote former Apple security researcher Kristin Paget in a post on her personal blog Sunday. “FIX. YOUR. SH-T. Soon. Please??”

She is 100% right. Talk about fucking stupid. Apple is truly run and staffed by morons.

And people still believe apple is so secure.....

And the Heaven's Gate people thought the fruit punch was going to help them "transcend" to a higher plane of existence.
Just goes to show, when you're in a cult, you'll buy into anything.:D

And people still believe apple is so secure.....

So true lol.

Regardless of what she says, Apple is just going to be Apple, with the amount of revenue they roll in annually they don't give a shit about naysayers they'll just continue to be Apple.

As was said and has been said over and over, Apple has never been secure, it was just at the time no one cared to abuse the flaws, why spend the time on a OS that is about 0.1% of the market when you can target another OS that has 95% of the market? Now that Apple has seen the growth it has, it is now a target, biggest one probably being the cell market. No longer do they have security through obscurity.

As was said and has been said over and over, Apple has never been secure, it was just at the time no one cared to abuse the flaws, why spend the time on a OS that is about 0.1% of the market when you can target another OS that has 95% of the market? Now that Apple has seen the growth it has, it is now a target, biggest one probably being the cell market. No longer do they have security through obscurity.
unfortunate thing about your claim is that the facts don't support it. when Apple had an even smaller market share there were *more* malware attacks on their operating system pre-os x.

and it's a strange argument point to try and make that apple is just now, only now, a target for exploits. of course, this isn't an "exploit" that someone discovered but rather a bug that was introduced so the whole paragraph you wrote isn't even relevant.

unfortunate thing about your claim is that the facts don't support it. when Apple had an even smaller market share there were *more* malware attacks on their operating system pre-os x.

Source? This sounds like a statistic through obscurity.

For most people this is a non issue - they are giving info away without a thought.

Many people post all kinds of personal shit on the FB or G+ page and give away all kinds of other information to unknowns over the phone. People that want to rip them off don't even have to work that hard.

Example: I called a guy I work with while he was out, as we needed his SS# to process some paperwork for him. I called and said "Hey, XXX I'm doing your paperwork right now....need your SS#, or it can wait until you get back to work if you want to". He rattles off his SS#, pauses and then says "Who is this?" You would think this would have been asked BEFORE he gave it out. Nope, just spewed it out.

Regardless of what she says, Apple is just going to be Apple, with the amount of revenue they roll in annually they don't give a shit about naysayers they'll just continue to be Apple.

Translation when a consumer brags about a company's revenue: I don't mind grabbing my ankles and them [Apple] at it.

Example: I called a guy I work with while he was out, as we needed his SS# to process some paperwork for him. I called and said "Hey, XXX I'm doing your paperwork right now....need your SS#, or it can wait until you get back to work if you want to". He rattles off his SS#, pauses and then says "Who is this?" You would think this would have been asked BEFORE he gave it out. Nope, just spewed it out.

Random rant, but the social isn't really a protected secret like they make it out to be. In this day and age, there really needs to be a PIN/Pass associated with that number. Having just the number and basic info should allow read-only (like credit lookups), but a personal PIN registered through the Social Security Administration should be required to open any new credit lines (ie: utilities, credit cards, etc.).

Nobody ever said the latter. They often say the former which is still true.

Really? I have heard that quite regularly over the years. Even today some Apple users still echo that refrain, though they are typically living in the past in various other ways as well in their life... It *did* take a while for actual malware/attacks to finally shut most of the fanboys up, despite the inherent issues like running things as root or porous permissions.

Really? I have heard that quite regularly over the years. Even today some Apple users still echo that refrain, though they are typically living in the past in various other ways as well in their life... It *did* take a while for actual malware/attacks to finally shut most of the fanboys up, despite the inherent issues like running things as root or porous permissions.
Whoever told you that was wrong. Root is not even enabled by default in OS X, let alone running all the apps "as root," and since Mountain Lion (10.8 and now OS X is on 10.9.1, which is equivalent to comparing Windows 7 to Windows 8.1) apps have native sandboxing.

Any mac fans truly "living in the past" are aware that there was *more* malware in the past than currently so your timeframe about malware attacks "finally" shutting up most fanboys is incorrect, too.

Back