Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Bing Build Leaks

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Another week, another Windows 8.1 Update 1 leak. This version is just a bit different, prominently featuring Bing in the software license agreement.

The partner build aspects points to the fact that this build is intended for partners and may not be released as a general public build.

The only thing great about Bing is the Reward Points. I loves them.
Wait... what!?!?!

Never heard about Bing Reward. Interesting concept but it shows how Microsoft is desperate in the fight against Google... When you "pay" people to use your free stuff, something is wrong!

Wait... what!?!?!

Never heard about Bing Reward. Interesting concept but it shows how Microsoft is desperate in the fight against Google... When you "pay" people to use your free stuff, something is wrong!

Because google didn't give away money to use google checkout and google surely doesn't give away money to the google play store... (kit kat promo among others).

Because google didn't give away money to use google checkout and google surely doesn't give away money to the google play store... (kit kat promo among others).
To be honest I've never heard of those promo either, but may be these are not available in Canada (may explain why I don't know about them... or may be I'm just out of the loop since I had a baby and no time for my self lol)...

Wait... what!?!?!

LOL yeah I recently learned about it (year ago) from the friendly folks @ Epic forums to pay for Gears of War: Judgment DLC. Ever since I have never paid for DLC because Microsoft does it for me. :D

One of the many reasons Bing loses money, they have to literally pay people to use it. But it does work. I call dibs on anyone who wants to join because I want my free 100 points haha.

I recommend Microsoft leak 3 or 4 more betas with odd names Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Facebook, Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Xbox, Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Mac OS X and Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Cheese.

In before someone post a build of a Bing Rewards mining machine.

Yet another reason to not upgrade to Win 8.1, I hate propaganda.

I'm sort of a knucklehead about stuff I guess, if it works for me why change. I like google and the results it gives me, tried bing and never liked it. My wife uses google and bing constantly with her work and has all but stopped using bing due to wonky results.

It looks like 8.1 will be the one where Microsoft finally stops the war on desktop users:

http://wind8apps.com/windows-8-1-update-spring/

Belfiore described that the Windows 8.1 spring update will come with many hardware and software improvements for non-touch device, but said that

None of the work we are doing has a negative effect on the touch experience at all. We love touch.

The much-hyped about “start” button will allegedly make a comeback, to make it look just the same like it was prior to the Windows 8 launch. Plenty of other mouse and key-board friendly features will be deployed, as well.

It looks like 8.1 will be the one where Microsoft finally stops the war on desktop users:

http://wind8apps.com/windows-8-1-update-spring/

Been running this update since the first leak came out and just installed the non-Bing version of this one yesterday. There have been a lot of people saying this update makes 8.1 more of a mess but that's just nonsense to me. I have no idea how having modern apps in the task bar, the task bar being available to modern apps and modern apps having a title bar with minimize and close buttons is a mess. These things have been asked for since day one and they are OPTIONAL. How can these things not improve keyboard and mouse usability?

For a lot of folks though it really has nothing to do improving things for keyboards and mice, it's all about one thing, the Start Menu and a Metro off switch. Keyboard and mouse usability can me improved without these things. A mini-Start Screen and windowed modern apps solves the bulk of the remaining keyboard and mouse usability complaints.

Back