Microsoft OneDrive Launches Worldwide

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. announced Wednesday the global availability of OneDrive, its free, personal cloud storage service. Formerly known as SkyDrive, OneDrive gives people one place to store important photos, videos and documents that is accessible on the devices they use every day. The new OneDrive offers a host of new features, including improved video sharing and newly updated apps for Windows Phone, iOS, Android and Xbox. To celebrate the launch of OneDrive, Microsoft is giving the first 100,000 customers who access their OneDrive account after the launch an additional 100 GB of complimentary storage for one year (customers will receive a notice if they are among the lucky 100,000). Customers can monitor twitter.com/OneDrive for the announcement of the start time for this promotion.

Next: Microsoft sued by Apple for too much name similarity to iCloud (i = roman numeral one) :D

100 GB for 1 year does not sound cool. For life, now we are talking. Anyhow you dropped the ball posting this late Steve I assume the 100GB are all taken up by now.

Worst idea ever from Microsoft. Besides the fact that there's probably just not enough storage to go around for everyone who wants to sign up for this to work, I don't know of a good way to build in fault tolerance with only one drive. :(

Worst idea ever from Microsoft. Besides the fact that there's probably just not enough storage to go around for everyone who wants to sign up for this to work, I don't know of a good way to build in fault tolerance with only one drive. :(

:confused:

You either fell flat trying to tell a joke, or you really need to think very hard about what you just said.

I definitely accessed my OneDrive after this was announced. I'm not sure if I qualify for the 100GB boost though.

I quit using this when they dropped Mesh. Maybe I'll check it out again.

SpyDrive sounds 100x better than this - it's also self-explanatory - but what do I know...

Back