New Wolfenstein Coming In May

Dunno if you saw this in the YouTube video description:
As an added bonus, everyone pre-ordering the game will be invited to access the DOOM beta with their copy of Wolfenstein. For more information on the DOOM beta access pre-order bonus, as well as applicable terms and restrictions, please visit: www.wolfenstein.com/DOOM.

At least the trailer looks good. I'm interested.

The previous game was decent in its own right for what it was but certainly a major come down from a classic like RtCW across the boards. Despite myself perhaps: I expect this game to be better. I'm not expecting another RtCW probably ever again. We'll see.

This has sparked my interests!

I'm a fan boy for Doom, so I think a pre-order is in play. :p

Looks like boring 'keep trigger pressed and strafe' repeat rinse.

RtCW had such an ethereal quality to it. This looks more "Captain America", but that could be good too. We'll see, but after the last game (and many others of recent years) nooooo preorder for me.

Oh, cool. Somebody took The Saboteur, swapped characters and perspectives, and is calling it a new game. Er, actually...an old game. Or something. Great.

Looks cool, but wasn't there a game, fps i think... quite a few years back that kind of had the same premise? Basically WW2 did not end and we were still fighting, trenches and all..
I think the game was never released. I remember reading about it in pcgamer. Wish i could remember the name.

I have been burned on pre-order stuff. Release it, and if it isn't a complete failure, I'll bite.
How many other trailers have we seen in the last few years that made a game look good?

I'm interested, but then, I have been interested in other stuff too.

Looks cool, but wasn't there a game, fps i think... quite a few years back that kind of had the same premise? Basically WW2 did not end and we were still fighting, trenches and all..
I think the game was never released. I remember reading about it in pcgamer. Wish i could remember the name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_Point:_Fall_of_Liberty

In Turning Point you're not super war hero BJ Blazkowicz, you're just some unnamed construction worker. Otherwise... pretty much the same idea - alternate history, Experimental Nazi super weapons, underground resistance, etc.

Not a fan of the alternate history angle. And it looks like they abandoned the supernatural elements in favor of boring mechs. RTCW had an Indiana Jones feel to it that's missing in this one.

There's always a Castle.
There's always a Man.
There's always a Chainsaw.

Not a fan of the alternate history angle. And it looks like they abandoned the supernatural elements in favor of boring mechs. RTCW had an Indiana Jones feel to it that's missing in this one.

But Mecha-Hitler was awesome in Wolf3D!

New Wolfenstein piques my interest considerably. If future gameplay videos are released I may jump on the pre-order bandwagon.

I hope they addressed all the critical problems Totalbiscuit pointed about the game - being an on rails shooter and all that comes with that. I am not interested in a movie, I want to shoot robots and stuff.

They want to play me with that DooM beta. Fuck them. Not pre-ordering this one unless I see more gameplay first, no matter how much I want to play a new RCTW (which it is clearly NOT :mad:) and a new DooM but I won't pay for beta access. FU Bethesda.

Also, characters look plastic but that is the least of my concerns.

Looks like boring 'keep trigger pressed and strafe' repeat rinse.

There's always at least one RPG noob shitting in every FPS thread. Go away skilles peon.

The only good castle wolfenstein was the original C64 version IMO. Got to love the sid noise generated speech emulations...

I made it 49 seconds in

Then I was met with the Inception BRRRRRRRRRRWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLNNNNNNN noise

And I instantly closed it

The only good castle wolfenstein was the original C64 version IMO. Got to love the sid noise generated speech emulations...

Ha! I wish I would have played that more, but you'd start playing, then inevitably die like 30 seconds in, and then you'd have to wait for it to load the same screen for 2 more minutes... Even though you were just there. Even with a FastLoad cartridge in. :mad:

Maybe I just sucked at it. :D

Impossible Mission was my go-to for the synthesized voice.

not a fan of Wolfenstein, but if anyone wants to give up their Doom beta I will gladly take it :D

Obviously they are hoping the Doom beta access moves some software because the game looked garbage. RtCW was a quality game in its day, but yea. This reminds me of Duke Nukem with Mechs.

Big fan of RTCW. Should hold me over until Half-Life 3. Dream big! :cool:

I've lost count of how many hours I played Wolfenstein:3D and Spear of Destiny. I really want this game to not suck, and I'm definitely looking forward to a new Doom game, but I'm not pre-ordering. This is going to be a "wait and see" for me.

Graphics looked like shit! Pass,last Wolfenstein sucked, trailers always looks good till they release it and it will be another turd

I enjoyed the previous Castle Wolfenstein, although its a far cry from the c-64 version I loved almost 30 years ago.

Glad to see a release date finally. I really liked what I played at last years QuakeCon. The storyline really has me interested as I have always had a fascination with an alternate history of the Nazi's actually winning the war and wondering what the world would be like. I guess we will find out on May 20th :)

STAY A WHILE. STAY FOREVAAAAAAAAAR

Holy crap that takes me back.

This new game looks pretty meh to me. I actually really liked the last Wolfenstein, the one done by Black Raven.

And just to bring it back around, the first dungeon crawler I ever played on my Amiga-500 was Black Crypt; which just happens to be the first game that Black Raven ever produced. :cool:

My only problem with this game is Bethesda. Usually means buggy as shit off the bat.

Looks pretty cool, I gotta say. More like a trailer for a movie than a game, but the gameplay looks like it should be a pretty classic shooter.

Pre-order is tempting for Doom beta, but ehhh....

wtf wtf wtf why can't the character models be less blocky. Valve's models in HL2 were better than this shit

Looks good to me, I will be getting on my Xbox one. Still, not as good as RTCW which I still play once is a while.

Back