Case suggestion for SSI EEB?

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
Ive got an SSIEEB Box that needs to go into a case. Looking for ideas here, prefer to keep it $150 or lower....

What I Need:

-SSI EEB Compliant (Or at least most holes line up)
-Min. of 12 HDD's (Including using the 5.25" drive bays), and 1 SSD (Easy enough to use double sided tape for this)

WANTS:
-Way to mount a RX360 radiator, internal or external doesn't really matter

The case that previously fit perfectly, xigmatek elysium, is no longer available anywhere, and the closest I can find is the Rosewill blackhawk, is that pretty much the only thing that fits my need/wants ?

I'm sure you can fit it inside a Corsair 750D.
It doesn't say but it has a large enough tray.

Also the Lian Li A75X is a good choice.

I had forgot about the A75 --

the 750D, how many drives can it do with an SSI EEB though? I have spare corsair drive cages from my 900D (Not using any of those), looks like it can hold 4 drive cages total? (12 drives in that case)... if thats the case the 750D would be a decent choice (Assuming the cages are the same)

yeah, it looks like it can hold four cages. Not the same as the 900D though. Maybe the slide in mounting point are the same.
The A75X can fit a lot of drives but to fit a 360 you'll need to cut an extra 120 at the top. If you mount a 3x140 then you'll lose all of the HDD bays.

So without modding, it looks like your best option is the 750D. which looks like it could hold an HPTX board also.
But if you decide to mount the 360 externally, you can't beat the all aluminum of LL at that price point.

For those interested, I pulled the trigger on the 750D. Will post some pictures for reference points to others

Back