NVIDIA Reports Financial Results For Q4 And Fiscal 2014

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today reported revenue for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2014, ended Jan. 26, 2014, of $1.14 billion, up 8.6 percent from $1.05 billion in the previous quarter. GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.25, up 25 percent from $0.20 in the previous quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share for the quarter were $0.32, up 23 percent from $0.26 in the previous quarter.

People keep claiming nvidia is going down, yet year after year they keep having good finantial results

No need for console wins, no need for APUs

Gross margin of 52%. Yeah they are doing fine! I am sure AMD being jacked up in price and sold out only helps them too....

I am sure AMD being jacked up in price and sold out only helps them too....

I usually buy AMD/ATI when I need a new video card due to them usually having good prices. I needed a video card recently due to my 5870 getting long in the tooth and I ended up buying a 760.

If they want to cater to the coin crowd then good on them but I'm not paying a $100 or so bucks more for a card over retail. They used to be a good value in the vid card market but not anymore.

I usually buy AMD/ATI when I need a new video card due to them usually having good prices. I needed a video card recently due to my 5870 getting long in the tooth and I ended up buying a 760.

If they want to cater to the coin crowd then good on them but I'm not paying a $100 or so bucks more for a card over retail. They used to be a good value in the vid card market but not anymore.

Does AMD actually benefit from the inflated prices? I think it is the retailers gouging you, not AMD.

On topic, good for nVidia. They make a good product, and I'm glad they make a buck doing it, even if I do wish the 780ti was more 500ish and less 700ish, haha.

Does AMD actually benefit from the inflated prices? I think it is the retailers gouging you, not AMD.

On topic, good for nVidia. They make a good product, and I'm glad they make a buck doing it, even if I do wish the 780ti was more 500ish and less 700ish, haha.

I would imagine they are making a killing from them flying off shelves. I'm an nvidia guy but I just threw $700 amd's way and I"m thinking about doing more.

People keep claiming nvidia is going down, yet year after year they keep having good finantial results

No need for console wins, no need for APUs

NVIDIA is not worth nearly 5 times what AMD is. :eek:

Qa6nzd4.jpg

Back