Support Your Fellow [H] Reader By Kickstarting This Project!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Long time [H] reader Knil and the crew at Beserk Games are Kickstarting the Tabletop Simulator. They currently have 15 classic games, everything from Chess to Chinese Checkers and Poker to Dominoes and here's the kicker, all the games have real world physics. Watch the video and then head on over to support this Kickstarter.

cool games.. but moving the pieces like that will give you carpal tunnel

Just backed. I did the $10 one that says you get instant beta access. I'd love to try this out on my tablet, it looks like it should work well with touch. If you could take a look into making it touch friendly I'd be happy to back a higher level and I think you could get some more sales out it. Thanks!

What are the chances of a game ever completing properly?

Thanks a bunch Steve for sharing, we really appreciate it!

Thanks for all the support guys! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks a bunch Steve for sharing, we really appreciate it!

Thanks for all the support guys! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Knil! Are you going to provide a beta for the early bird signees?

Thanks Knil! Are you going to provide a beta for the early bird signees?

My apologies heatlesssun, but due to the way Kickstarter is setup we have no way to directly contacts members during the campaign. We'd love to give you guys your keys early!

But to thank our backers on from the hardforum, feel free to PM me and I'll send you your beta key that way! I have just sent you a key heatlesssun.

I love the real world physics.... That way, when I lose at monopoly, I can still flip the board over and run out of the room crying like a little girl.

Aaaannnnd.... I probably should have read the comments better before I posted.

Now, which button flips the forum over and makes me cry like a little girl?

Thanks you guys so much the [H]ard forum has pushed us over 1 thousand! One third of way there and 28 days left!

Well damn... I'm conflicted... A while back I was thinking of doing something similar to this. (Never bared any fruit since.... it was just a passing idea) Though... my idea was just for playing cards.

Nice to see it in action and with more than just cards though.

Oh and I'm lazy about programming since I tend to stop when I hit a roadblock of any kind. =/

Haha it's easy to do Serpent I know the feeling, sorry for stealing your idea ;)

Thanks for the beta Knill, interesting program. It really does scream for a touch capability which the parts I've tried like the solitaire game is already somewhat touch capable. I does seem to need decent hardware, it didn't load on my Bay Trail Atom Dell Venue 8 Pro but ran fine on my i7 Sandy Bridge Windows 8.1 Lenovo x220t convertible tablet. Good Luck!

Thanks for the beta Knill, interesting program. It really does scream for a touch capability which the parts I've tried like the solitaire game is already somewhat touch capable. I does seem to need decent hardware, it didn't load on my Bay Trail Atom Dell Venue 8 Pro but ran fine on my i7 Sandy Bridge Windows 8.1 Lenovo x220t convertible tablet. Good Luck!

Thanks heatlessun, Ya the game definitely needs an optimization pass, I'll be doing one before release. It's last thing you think about when you have a beastly computer haha, but it will be lowering the specs required. On touch, depending on how big I can grow the project I'd love to really optimize the game for touch and port it over to android and iOS tablet.

Haha it's easy to do Serpent I know the feeling, sorry for stealing your idea ;)

Don't think of it like that, it's an idea that you guys came up with. Stealing it would be if you heard me talk about it then using it as your own. Which I'm sure you didn't do, unless I should be watching over my shoulder now. :eek:

It's still great to see something like this where it's versatile be made. Only thing that I see bad about it, is what someone mentioned earlier, sounds like you'd get some horrible hand pains using that. Did you figure out a way to "combat" that? What I was thinking when I thought of the card stuff was for touch support, but that doesn't sound like it'd work well at all with the versatility you got with so many different games.

Thanks heatlessun, Ya the game definitely needs an optimization pass, I'll be doing one before release. It's last thing you think about when you have a beastly computer haha, but it will be lowering the specs required. On touch, depending on how big I can grow the project I'd love to really optimize the game for touch and port it over to android and iOS tablet.

Thanks for the feedback. Don't forget us lowly Windows 8 touch users if you work on porting to iOS and Android!;)

I'm definitely going to back it but you should make 1 of the stretch goals and voice server. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere and I think it's really important for this type of game..

Also, we need to get to 7K because the RPG mode is a must.

I'm definitely going to back it but you should make 1 of the stretch goals and voice server. I didn't see this mentioned anywhere and I think it's really important for this type of game..

Also, we need to get to 7K because the RPG mode is a must.

Thanks Rusty, voice chat is already supported in the game :)

I would like to make a suggestion too add Majoong I know im spelling it wrong I think that would be a bit hit since thats huge game, also maybe generic Jenga and a stratego clone ;-)

I would like to make a suggestion too add Majoong I know im spelling it wrong I think that would be a bit hit since thats huge game, also maybe generic Jenga and a stratego clone ;-)

I'll keep those in mind for the poll we will do if we reach our first stretch goal. :D

I missed some people's questions sorry about that!

Can you flip the table if you get upset?

This has been one of the most requested features so we are going to add it!

cool games.. but moving the pieces like that will give you carpal tunnel

Why do you think that? Is it a specific reason?

What are the chances of a game ever completing properly?

That question is answered by the people you are playing with :p

It's still great to see something like this where it's versatile be made. Only thing that I see bad about it, is what someone mentioned earlier, sounds like you'd get some horrible hand pains using that. Did you figure out a way to "combat" that? What I was thinking when I thought of the card stuff was for touch support, but that doesn't sound like it'd work well at all with the versatility you got with so many different games.

Not sure why this should cause anymore hand pain than when playing solitaire on windows right now.

I want to build card pyramids but I guess having to control/position 2 cards at a time prevents this. :(

If its possible to incorporate paper and pen rpg's into this id pay through the nose for it

Can we get 52 pickup as a stretch goal?

Haha that's the new 100k stretch goal!

I want to build card pyramids but I guess having to control/position 2 cards at a time prevents this. :(

Ya that isn't easy to do in real life let alone with a mouse!

I cant wait for the domino toppling DLC :D

Haha we won't be nickle and dimming you guys like!

If its possible to incorporate paper and pen rpg's into this id pay through the nose for it

It's fairly functional right now but one of stretch goals focuses solely on adding all the functionality you would need your RPG tabletop experience.

Thank you everyone once again [H]ard member's awesome! 50% done with 26 days left!

In for $15 level.

I still enjoy games that I can play offline, cause I don't always have online access as silly as that sounds these days.

In for $15 level.

I still enjoy games that I can play offline, cause I don't always have online access as silly as that sounds these days.

Thanks for backing us Stiltner, but just to let you know because I don't run a business of deceiving their customers, is the game does not have any AI. Due to the complex physics nature of all the interactions, AI is beyond the scope of this project. But you can still play any singleplayer card game you think of offline (you can play anything of course offline, but it might not make sense).

Back