Foxconn Working With Google on Robotics

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google is helping Foxconn replace its employees with robots. Just great, now we are going to have robots jumping off the roofs over there. ;)

Foxconn needs Google’s help to step up automation at its factories as the company has the lowest sales per employee among the contract makers, given its large workforce,” said Wanli Wang, an analyst at CIMB Securities. “Using robots to replace human workers would be the next big thing in the technology industry.

I love Google. They can't do any wrong in my world.

haha funny, Robots jumping off roofs ... lol

I love Google. They can't do any wrong in my world.

It is less common to see someone love Google these days and I was wondering if it was sarcasm, but then I saw Google Fiber in your signature. Totally makes sense ;)

Google has made some mistakes *gasp* but the world is a much better place for its existence, and that only continues to be more true. The gigabit revoltuion, self-driving cars, and more are being caused by and led by Google, among the more pedantic YouTube TV disruption, changing how people use computers/phones, making wrought memorization obsolete, and speeding up the internet by an order of magnitude with Chrome by introducing real competition.

Question - When all human workers have been replaced by robots,who's going to have any money to buy the products?? :confused:

So, does this mean Apple isn't the only evil customer of FoxConn now?

Question - When all human workers have been replaced by robots,who's going to have any money to buy the products?? :confused:

I've always wondered about this. As many industry continues to replace human workforce with automated machines (I can understand why they would want to reduce the need for human workers), wouldn't it result in more people being out of job which then affects the market they are trying to sell their products in. Take China for example, I don't think China would have been an emerging market for electronic products had they not went through the industrial boom with international companies setting up production there which provided jobs for the masses.

I've always wondered about this. As many industry continues to replace human workforce with automated machines (I can understand why they would want to reduce the need for human workers), wouldn't it result in more people being out of job which then affects the market they are trying to sell their products in. Take China for example, I don't think China would have been an emerging market for electronic products had they not went through the industrial boom with international companies setting up production there which provided jobs for the masses.
Competing down wages to global lowest wage earner pretty much accomplishes the same thing which is what we're doing now.

We'll pay people unemployment and other government handouts with money borrowed from our kids future to gloss over the negative impact.

What could possibly go wrong.

Those people with jobs that are not based on menial production lines that can be easily replaced with robots?

Back