Windows 8.1 Update 1 Reportedly Delayed to April

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft will be doing some last minute tweaking to the promised update to Windows 8.1, delaying the deployment date from March to most likely the second Tuesday of April (sound familiar?) to coincide with Microsoft’s regular software update on Patch Tuesday.

The idea remains to use Patch Tuesday to distribute the coming so-called "Spring" update via Windows Update and If that is the case, Windows 8.1 Update 1 should be pushed to users on April 8, rather than March 11.

Always love have things that have never had an official release date get delayed. The escrow RTM leak that came out Friday seems to be solid, all of the glitches that were in the ISO leak from last Sunday are gone, the only thing I've noticed is that the font of text in the title bar of modern apps is very jagged looking. I would suspect that the RTM will be signed off on this week and could probably go next month if Microsoft wanted to.

this Update 1 is not the one with the updated Start Menu right?...that comes later on?

this Update 1 is not the one with the updated Start Menu right?...that comes later on?

A non full screen Start Screen/Menu won't probably come until Windows 9. I would suspect that this is last major update that Windows 8.x gets if 9 is coming in only about a year.

How do you delay something that hasnt been announced yet?

apparently you just announce a date that's after the rumor mills date. voila! lol

apparently you just announce a date that's after the rumor mills date. voila! lol

I was going to make an announcement but you took care of it for me. I just wanted to announce that.

Back