Aereo Sold Out in New York, Working to Expand Capacity

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you have been following the doings of Aereo, you know how popular and successful the startup has become, enough so that it has reached max capacity in New York City. All of its successes could be for naught if the US Supreme Court sides with the broadcast networks.

As soon as additional capacity is added, new consumers will be notified that they can sign up and create an Aereo account."

Are you kidding me?
Between my experience with Cox, Time Warner, AT&T and the Christian Broadcasting Network, I find it hard to believe anyone is turned away even after maximum capacity is reached because, hey, what are the odds all those people are going to use or show up all the time?

Are you kidding me?
Between my experience with Cox, Time Warner, AT&T and the Christian Broadcasting Network, I find it hard to believe anyone is turned away even after maximum capacity is reached because, hey, what are the odds all those people are going to use or show up all the time?

tomorrow night? probably pretty good...

Are you kidding me?

Given the pending legal issues that isn't something they want to risk. Right now the only ground they have to stand on is that everyone has their own equipment. If you sign up for service you get antennae #X and receiver/dvr #X and that is yours and only yours. That is the only way that they can get away with this. As soon as they would try to say that well we can let these two people share because 1 will only use it part of the time they are no longer under the protection they are now, the service violates rebroadcast rules and the are then a content provider just like any other cable or dish provider and no longer a service to watch tv online.

They are already on shaky ground as it is with what they are doing. They wouldn't want to do anything to start removing pieces of what they are standing on.

Super Bowl XLVIII (48 for you people that can't read them)

Super Bowl XLVIII (48 for you people that can't read them)

lol. i can't believe there are people not intelligent enough to read roman numerals (there are, i know). they even added "five" to gta V to accommodate teh stupit.

lol. i can't believe there are people not intelligent enough to read roman numerals (there are, i know). they even added "five" to gta V to accommodate teh stupit.

I think part of it is just it being something that isn't really taught much and isn't normally used. I can really only remember that being something like in grade school we spent a few hours over the course of a week learning roman numbers and that was it. Outside of something like I V and X most people that do see the numbers probably don't see much. Had it not been for the fact that it was just posted that XLVIII is 48 I would myself would have had to look up 50 as I don't recall the letter for anything higher than 10. Because I don't ever use them for anything.

So I can once you get to a certain point I can understand people not being able to read them.

So I can once you get to a certain point I can understand people not being able to read them.

Certainly, and I think we're past the point we're using them for any number higher than 15 is simply silly. The decimal system was created for a reason.

Back