Yahoo Mail Accounts Hacked, Passwords Reset

HardOCP News

[H] News
A "compromised third party database?" Nice to know Yahoo stores this type of sensitive information in a third party database. :rolleyes:

An unspecified number of Yahoo Mail users have had their usernames and passwords compromised, the company announced late Thursday. The hack appears to have taken place via a compromised third party database, and Yahoo has taken the precaution of resetting the passwords of affected users.

just days after somebody posted a security issue with the site. wonder if they didn't fix what they said they did and somebody used that video from a few days ago to take the passwords.

Then again yahoo hasn't ever really been know for security.

If you use a 3rd party db then if any happens the blame is on them...

This type of reasoning I heard all the time when I worked in the medical field (hipaa compliance etc).

HIPAA is funny everyone thinks it is sooos strict but it really isn't... By regulations you don't really have to safe guard patient info with specific security practices... in many cases if you put a eula/warning not to copy take home info when a worker logs in it protects the company by shift liability to the person.

Right that's it, remaining useful emails I get through my yahoo account are getting moved...So that will be three newsletters and some job agency stuff.

Micky Mouse bullshit..."oooh Marissa, you're so smart, here have a lot of fucking money while the monkeys in engineering throw feces at each other."

Yahoo gets its email system hacked every 2-3 months. When do you think they will start to learn about this?

The level of stupidity here is staggering.

Dont care, my whole 10 years worth of mails got lost when they implemented that "one password for all sites", something F'ed up and all my mails where gone, complete wiped account. :rolleyes:

Havent used it since.

Oh no!!!!
Does that mean I'm locked out of the Yahoo email account I set up in 2000 and haven't accessed since 2002 because Hotmail waaaay better back then?
Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical.
After all, Yahoo does have the best fantasy football.
They at least got that right.

You deserve to be hacked if you use anything from Yahoo. Good job Mrs. Meyer. You're flushing down Yahoo to depths I didn't think possible.

Oh no, what ever will I do without my useless spam account that's sitting with thousand of unread spam messages...

Back