Facebook Flying High With $2.59B In Q4 Revenue

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wow, it is crazy to think Facebook makes this much money mining and selling your personal information to advertisers. :eek:

Facebook sales climbed 63 percent to $2.59 billion in the fourth quarter of 2013 as the company earned an adjusted 31 cents per share. Revenue for the full year, meanwhile, was $7.87 billion, up 55 percent from 2012, and 2013 net income was $1.5 billion. For the fourth quarter, analysts were anticipating earnings of 27 cents per share on revenue of $2.34 billion.

i really want to know how effective these ads really are, or are the advertisers just that ignorant of the fact no one actually clicks on them unless it's by spyware or something to that end.

Mostly subliminal, if they have a new product out or they keep showing you the same ad over and over it will get into your head subconsciously.
Learned this in social psychology.

Mostly subliminal, if they have a new product out or they keep showing you the same ad over and over it will get into your head subconsciously.
Learned this in social psychology.

Kind of scary, I am glad I stopped watching TV. too many psychologist are applying their skills to social manipulations these days.

Wow! Amazing something like Facebook makes that much money!! I like and use FB and don't have a problem with it making that much, just really surprised they do.

this stock, just like many other high PE stock, was riding on QE3. Now that the Fed. is tapering down, you can forget this stock moves up again.

The management also sucks big time. He lost 22 M young adult members, and yet at the same time, he's killing abou 28M accounts, of people using their pet name as login ID. Who gives a shit? He made $ from advertising, who cares what name it is under as long as some1 is looking at the ads.

Back