Quentin Tarantino Sues Gawker Media

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know Quentin Tarantino personally, but he seems pretty pissed over this whole deal. :eek:

Tarantino states that Gawker Media "has made a business of predatory journalism, violating people's rights to make a buck." However, the company took things too far this time in his view: instead of merely linking out to the news of the leak, Defamer "crossed the journalistic line" by, in addition to soliciting readers for access to the screenplay, promoting itself online as the first official source.

I think anybody who has read Kotaku in the last two years or so is nodding their head in complete agreement with QT right about now...

good.... im also glad hes pointing the people who leaked the script directly.

QT is awesome in my book

Yeah, from the ashes of Jalopnik (after all the main contributors left last year), to the extremists on whomever runs their travel channel, I won't miss "Gawker media" one bit.

The source isn't loading for me ATM, but if what I understand is true, I support him.

However, I really don't care for Quentin Tarantino (this is unrelated to the news story). I like some of his movies, really don't like others, and any interview I've seen with him, he comes off as a pompous asshole.

Tarantino is a duchebagg!

What's a duchbagg?

The whole kinja group needs to die, almost every article is click bait,and kotaku is obviously paid off by some people to give good reviews on things.

I think anybody who has read Kotaku in the last two years or so is nodding their head in complete agreement with QT right about now...

Why? It was the cesspool of the lamest since day one. Gawker sucks.

I used to like Tarantino until he sucked that jewish cock so deep I couldn't watch after the 15th minute. That was low. First scene was pretty good, though.

If you don't know Quentin Tarantino you probably don't know Pulp Fiction and need to just leave.

What's a duchbagg?

Lets see. here is an example. A few years ago, Tarantino was announcing some award show, he was introducing Jackie Chan for a life time achievement award, like he was his long time friend, but called him Jackie Chawn, he repeated it 4 times incorrectly, plus he totally sucks at acting but his ego wins, so he has to be in everyone of his movies.. thats a duche-bagg.

Fuck his 'rights' . Seriously we have FAR more important things to worry about than this shit. His rights.... fuck you quentin, we are wrestling with the NSA for the 4th and you are worried about bullshit IP which is NOT an enumerated individual right. If you want to keep a secret, DONT FUCKING TELL ANYONE.

I used to like Tarantino until he sucked that jewish cock so deep I couldn't watch after the 15th minute. That was low. First scene was pretty good, though.

Inglorious Basterds? That movie is about killing Nat-zis. If you're going to write a movie about killing Nat-zis, why not have the Nat-zi killers be from the same ethnic group that is the most well-known and numerous victims of those goose-stepping assholes?

And when the people who run your financing and distribution are from that same ethnic group, it's not just a good creative decision, it can't hurt business-wise, either.

Your comment says much more about you than it does about Tarantino.

TL;DR - At least it was circumcised.

I stopped reading all Gawker pages a while ago, exactly because of this. This is not new, and it was bad a few years ago. Since they're still around, obviously SOMEONE likes this garbage. I kept hoping they'd get sued into oblivion. At least someone is trying.

Boy it doesn't take long for the Stormfront trash to show up, does it?

Gawker on the whole is POS IMO. Still gotta love Jalopnik though.

Unfortunately it was a fundamentally rehashed barebones script that really didn't bring anything new to the QT. He would really dazzle if he were to take on something out of his comfort zone like a sci-fi western type of space opera. I could really see him driving a whole new direction of cineart that could get him a new generation of moviegoers that weren't alive or of age when resevoir dogs launched him into the bigtime.

I'd love to see him pair up with wes anderson or arofonsky and come up with something ground breaking again. Django was a fun romp but didn't live up to the polish that kill bill and basterds established. I'd love to see something with bill murray and Samuel L in space because it would be so fresh.

I'd love to see him pair up with wes anderson or arofonsky and come up with something ground breaking again. Django was a fun romp but didn't live up to the polish that kill bill and basterds established. I'd love to see something with bill murray and Samuel L in space because it would be so fresh.

It'd be interesting to see him pair up with one of those guys, but honestly I think it would be really strange and not make much sense. They all have such different styles I really dont see how they would compliment one another.

Personally I thought Django and Basterds have easily topped everything his ever made. The kill bill movies along with Death Proof was sort of a lull for him, hes really started to redeem himself in my eyes.

Yeah, from the ashes of Jalopnik (after all the main contributors left last year), to the extremists on whomever runs their travel channel, I won't miss "Gawker media" one bit.

At least we still have the Drive channel on YouTube. Where did the old Jalops go?

Personally I thought Django and Basterds have easily topped everything his ever made. The kill bill movies along with Death Proof was sort of a lull for him, hes really started to redeem himself in my eyes.

Topped Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Jackie Brown, Four Rooms, True Romance, From Dusk Till Dawn and Natural Born Killers? I don't know man!!! :confused:

Gawker being shit notwithstanding, I'm not sure how they are legally liable for the script being leaked. Once it's on the internet, it's fair game, whether Tarantino likes it or not.

Fuck his 'rights' . Seriously we have FAR more important things to worry about than this shit. His rights.... fuck you quentin, we are wrestling with the NSA for the 4th and you are worried about bullshit IP which is NOT an enumerated individual right. If you want to keep a secret, DONT FUCKING TELL ANYONE.

seriously? if someone leaked a copy of say a manuscript you had been working on for several months, you wouldn't want recourse? it's not like QT is asking congress to take action, he's just filing a private lawsuit like any normal person would :confused: your rant is nonsensical

Lets see. here is an example. A few years ago, Tarantino was announcing some award show, he was introducing Jackie Chan for a life time achievement award, like he was his long time friend, but called him Jackie Chawn, he repeated it 4 times incorrectly, plus he totally sucks at acting but his ego wins, so he has to be in everyone of his movies.. thats a duche-bagg.

he was making fun of the fact that you don't know how to spell douchebag correctly ;) wooosh

Small problem with that... in the case of a manuscript there's a whole chain that gets followed before a studio forks over wads of cash to green light its production. It will go through the hands of numerous people who may or may not "inadvertently" look at it while on its way to its destination. All of a sudden, there are several additional parties that are now privy to information that they really should never have had, but because of the way things work the information HAS TO flow through their hands.

Guess what? We're a fucking greedy society. Hey! I have access to a Quentin Tarantino manuscript! Highest bidder please?

Someone should have leaked the Episode VII script instead.

Good. Fuck Gawker , bunch of fucking vultures. Can't believe they thought they could get away with this.

I'm not a big QT fan but I frankly hope he fucks them hard in court.

things I learn from this form... stealing a script and posting it online is bad. pirating the movie once it is released is fine though... noted.

Inglorious Basterds? That movie is about killing Nat-zis. If you're going to write a movie about killing Nat-zis, why not have the Nat-zi killers be from the same ethnic group that is the most well-known and numerous victims of those goose-stepping assholes?

And when the people who run your financing and distribution are from that same ethnic group, it's not just a good creative decision, it can't hurt business-wise, either.

Your comment says much more about you than it does about Tarantino.

TL;DR - At least it was circumcised.

They're certainly the most well known group of people killed by the nahtzees but probably not the most numerous. They do have the money and produce plenty of films that victimize them. That's well established. I was just very surprised to see Tarantino bend over and come up with this bullshit.

Its not freaking THEY.
Being from the same religious group, having wealth and sharing a similar history doesnt mean you all freaking know each other. If that was the case then we could freaking say that about any religion. Ohh all rich christians actions are planned out together so lets just say They, Them, or Those christians....
See how dumb it looks.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Back