Firefighter Developing Google Glass Apps

Good use of the tech.I wonder if they could pull in data from external sensors over bluetooth like CO levels, temp, etc.

I would think something like this could have been integrated into their enclosed helmets, similar to HUD on fighter helmets, oh well the day fire stations get billions of dollars to buy equipment will be the day this becomes a reality.

Also though, I have to say him driving the fire truck seems a bit dangerous as it could easily be considered a distraction, perhaps the guy in the passenger seat can relay info where the hell to go instead? (and yeah I realize it was just a video demo)

I would think something like this could have been integrated into their enclosed helmets, similar to HUD on fighter helmets, oh well the day fire stations get billions of dollars to buy equipment will be the day this becomes a reality.

Also though, I have to say him driving the fire truck seems a bit dangerous as it could easily be considered a distraction, perhaps the guy in the passenger seat can relay info where the hell to go instead? (and yeah I realize it was just a video demo)

anything related to public safety costs 10x what it should... because, well, they should have the money right?

annual operating budget of our fire dept is ~$418 million

If it gains traction I could see Google donating the sets anyway

That is very cool! Way cheap for the functionality it gives!

Mot wearing your Google Glass you will be lacking intelligence or good judgment! :D So much in fact that someday SMART people will have to rely on this multifunctional device for intelligence and making good judgement calls. That makes you smarter. :eek: Just don't leave home without them... poof - you're now a DUMB-ASS. :rolleyes:

Typo... Not wearing your Google Glass you will be lacking intelligence or good judgment! So much in fact that someday SMART people will have to rely on this multifunctional device for intelligence and making good judgement calls. That makes you smarter. Just don't leave home without them... poof - you're now a DUMB-ASS.

Back