Rockstar Put The Spank On GTA Online Cheaters

HardOCP News

[H] News
The best part about today's announcement? Reading through the comments section! A word of warning, you'd better take a set of hip waders, the crying is out of control over there. :D

Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether. Anyone who innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed, and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.

I thought they were doing this in the patch they released. I guess they decided to wait and then do the cash removal. Now maybe 12 year olds won't be able to afford nonsensically customized vehicles and tanks to kill me endlessly in free mode.

It is ironic that in a game where you win by committing "crimes" that Rockstar is punishing people who they thing somehow ripped them off. LMAO.

A quote from the comments:

R* PLEASE DON'T FORGET WE'RE PUTTING STH FAR MORE PRECIOUS THAN MONEY INTO YOUR GAME - OUR PRECIOUS LIFETIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 ME IT WAS LIKE A COMPLETE! MONTH (CALCULATED WITH A PLAYTIME/DAY=24HRS) OF MY LIFE! OK?

Yikes.

So people are crying because Rockstar designed the game to be a total boring grind unless you pumped additional real money into it (like any newer EA game), players found and exploit to bypass paying for virtual money with real money, and now said players are crying?
Sounds like every other freemium MMO out there.

I literally laughed out loud at some of the comments.... and the *excellent* typing / grammar / spelling skills by said "playas".

Holy sheeeeeeeeeit at some of the comments here. Punctuation? Grammar? Complete sentences? English words? Fuck all that, I'll just throw some random gibberish at R* b/c of course they're going to listen to my well worded complaint.

Jesus.

I tried it when it was released, a week after and about a week ago. Every time my opinion was the same. This is shit and they should have rather incorporated more time into the single player(Why the fuck can't I buy more houses/garages with my billions!)

Holy sheeeeeeeeeit at some of the comments here. Punctuation? Grammar? Complete sentences? English words? Fuck all that, I'll just throw some random gibberish at R* b/c of course they're going to listen to my well worded complaint.

Jesus.

I believe smart phones are very largely to blame for that along with a twitter obsessed crowd. Just think that these are likely the next gemeration to enter the job search pool.

I believe smart phones are very largely to blame for that along with a twitter obsessed crowd. Just think that these are likely the next gemeration to enter the job search pool.

I can't blame the smart phones as easily as I can the dumb users.

Yet another reason I do not play console games, or online only games.
Last time I played multi-player was Americas Army, and I only played on 1VB servers, because only vets could join and they moderated very closely, and the whole community for the most part was respectful and made the game fun.
I miss those days.
GTA 5 online play seems like a stupid concept. If everyone is a criminal, then where is the balance?
And why are people complaining, if some are breaking the rules in a game where the premise is to be a criminal in the first place?

Back