Titanfall Alpha Invites

After signing up, it specifically says 'you may be given instructions on how to download the game on Xbox One'. Doesn't look like it is for PC.

After signing up, it specifically says 'you may be given instructions on how to download the game on Xbox One'. Doesn't look like it is for PC.

Came here to say the same thing. WTF i dont even own a XB1. Oh well if i get picked ill just give the code to my friend that does.

Your application to participate is complete. If you are selected to take part in our upcoming test, you will receive an email in the coming days with a unique code and instructions on how to download and access the game on Xbox One. Thank you!

Yeah, here's what it said for me. Guess the PC version is later or something.

Also, an Alpha test less than 2 months before release? That is somewhat worrying.

Also, an Alpha test less than 2 months before release? That is somewhat worrying.

EA does the same thing with BF. Its more or less a server test and demo to build more interest in the game. They just call it an alpha to make people feel special.

Perfecting timing EA, your Consumerist award is waiting for you just around the corner. You might just get the lifetime achievement award...

I didn't realize it was an EA thing. Just have heard people talking about it and it seemed interesting. I clicked the link and it stated that Origin is required....so yeah, just clicked the little red X in the corner.
No thanks.

maybe I'm an old timer but anything called "alpha" means super buggy untested code, beta is only one step better.

To have the world "alpha" attached to something that's supposed to be released in 2 months is just plain scary.

maybe I'm an old timer but anything called "alpha" means super buggy untested code, beta is only one step better.

To have the world "alpha" attached to something that's supposed to be released in 2 months is just plain scary.

Considering the BF4 "beta" felt like an "alpha" 30 days to release, I think it's par for EA games.

Wow, I don't remember hearing about companies doing public alpha/beta releases on the consoles before.

Maybe they're becoming more like PCs, rather than the other way around?

I love the way the new paradigm in game development is to have a semi-public alpha test and then ship the first beta build.

Yeah, and BF4 did not turn out that well.. :p

Yeah, and look at the shit-tacular spectical that turned out to be, quality control related.

Yep,i bet they do zero testing during the "alpha" or "beat" releases. Its all a ploy to boost sales because now someone can show their friends how "cool" the game is before its released and hope that they pre order it as well. fucking EA and their antics.

Yep,i bet they do zero testing during the "alpha" or "beat" releases. Its all a ploy to boost sales because now someone can show their friends how "cool" the game is before its released and hope that they pre order it as well. fucking EA and their antics.

You're probably spot on with this, but since I have an Xbox One I signed up anyway. :)

If ea hasn't reached beta stage by this point then I'm not expecting this game to be so hot. Maybe they removed most of the showstoppers but that only goes so far.

Whatever happened to quality?

Just noticed that too, must be why they recently held game testing at Redwood City EA HQ for a PC game, wonder when they will see what happens outside of the controlled environment?

"origin account required"

well, guess I will just keep staring at the MWO loading screen then

Alpha and Beta are little more than phrases for marketing demo's to the new generation of console kids that just think it sounds cool and has an air of exclusivity with the sign up nonsense.

Regardless its Xbone only so Microsoft up to its bullshit again giving EA a check hoping this will sell consoles, and sadly MS still has its proponents that say with a straight face MS isn't holding back PC gaming and why would we need SteamOS. Bullshit. They only care about Xbone.

Why would it require an Origin account when they say the download is for Xbox One? I thought Origin was only for PC?

Duh, its the Alpha!
Beta comes with a $60 price tag with available DLC!

shouldn't they be past the alpha stage at this point in development?...the game comes out in 2 months

That's basically how BF4 turned out.

and sim city. The consumers are the beta testers,its gives them an excuse now to release a half ass game and just patch it till it works then to use more resources and pay more money to release a polished game. Gotta keep beancounters and investors who care nothing about the video game industry happy

z8Hvq6h

I was trying to go back a page and it show me Drupal login.

Why would it require an Origin account when they say the download is for Xbox One? I thought Origin was only for PC?

In-game login to Origin is my guess.

Yeah a few console games have you make origin logins for the games, others have you make crytec logins...

In this case I am guessing that is just their way to control access to the test version

I take it you can't sing up anymore. Trying to go to the link now that I actually have access to a real pc I just get taken to the main page for the game.

and sim city. The consumers are the beta testers,its gives them an excuse now to release a half ass game and just patch it till it works then to use more resources and pay more money to release a polished game. Gotta keep beancounters and investors who care nothing about the video game industry happy

Oh no they ran a beta test in a controlled environment, at or near EA HQ Redwood City (I was invited, couldn't go because the times they chose were either just as I was leaving work, or I was at work), about two months before release, got the impression they either didn't have anyone show up for the test, or they ignored any problems discovered in the test, and it was a controlled environment, who knows how they had it all setup.

Back