PC Version of 'Grand Theft Auto V' Rumored for March

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Rumors, you gotta love ‘em especially when it concerns a high profile game being released on the PC platform. Ladies and gentlemen, prepare to crank up your PC’s for Grand Theft Auto V.

Grand Theft Auto V was released on September 17 and it has been highly praised by critics as one of the greatest games developed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.

Prefer real life GTA driving on the interstate in the ice and snow, the colors are so much better.

Just release the date already so I can sell my PS3!

I've been in the same boat but with Red Dead Redemption and a X360. Cannot let go of RDR, the X360 is worthless for everything else.

Prefer real life GTA driving on the interstate in the ice and snow, the colors are so much better.
But then in real life you have to deal with having your knuckles bruised from beating up hookers to get your money back, the doctors appointment for the crabs, and potentially worrying about the pimp tracking you down.

March is becoming the new November with all the big name releases-- Dark Souls 2, Titanfall

The guy who does Mike character in GTA is a neighbor of mine and its too funny to try and play.

physics seem all wrong though. I only noticed 6 crashes and only 1 flipped in an entertaining way

But then in real life you have to deal with having your knuckles bruised from beating up hookers to get your money back, the doctors appointment for the crabs, and potentially worrying about the pimp tracking you down.

haven't you ever been show how to correctly hit a ho? Plus let the pimp come, that is where the real money is. then you get the money not only from what she had on her but what he has from all the other bitches working for him.

i expect the discovery of the flyable alien ship, jet pack, and other "mt chiliad mysteries" to be found right before pc release.

or if rockstar doesnt offer to release the how tos before then im sure the pc release will finally exploit all the secrets.

Looks like Rockstar is giving PC gamers the Halo treatment.

Is the PC release of GTA5 going to coincide with the console release of GTA6?

The sooner the better, but March has it going up against so many titles it looks like they're Ubisofting the PC version.

Going to buy on day one. I am sure it will be un-optimized as hell just like GTA IV, but I doubt my gaming rig will have too much of a problem playing it.

Going to buy on day one. I am sure it will be un-optimized as hell just like GTA IV, but I doubt my gaming rig will have too much of a problem playing it.
But watch it have some gayass DRM... I can't play my copy of GTA4 because I inadvertently scratched disk1. :rolleyes:

I can just see it just now:

"GTA V announced for mid-March release. No simultaneous multiplayer with Xbox 360 and PS3 players. PC players have their own server."

"GTA V delayed to April release."

"GTA V release date now set to April 1."

One week later...

"Players in GTA V on the PC experience horrible port of the game similar to experiences with the PC port of GTA IV-- high memory usage, poor framerates... SLI and Crossfire has been found not to be supported initially as well as Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity resolutions..."

"Players in GTA V complain of lousy controls in the game with no adjustment to allow the use of keyboard and mouse, similar to control and UI issues found in the initial Skyrim version on the PC."

"Players complain of microtransactions and DLCs ruining the game..."

"Players complain of severe server lag with the multiplayer portion of GTA V..."

"AMD and Nvidia release beta drivers to address some of the issues with GTA V..."

Two weeks later...

"Rockstar Games announces a patch to fix GTA V issues..."

Come May...

"Delayed patch for GTA V to fix issues with the PC port is released..."

A few weeks later...

"Another GTA V patch released to address performance issues..."

"Players complain of rampant botting and hacking in the GTA V multiplayer portion of the game... item duping, and money duping..."

"AMD and Nvidia release updated drivers to fix graphical issues with GTA V..."

"Rockstar Games announces fix and possible support for higher resolutions offered by Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity..."

Come June...

"Rockstar Games begins to address multiplayer issues with hacking and cheating, as well as server performance issues..."

And, thus, the sad cycle of console-to-PC ports continue to perpetuate... :(

Firstly, I'll wait till it's about <$15 all-in and I'm sure by that time it'll be stable/patched up. Mainly cause I have a huge back catalog of games probably spanning the last 3 years of Steam/GMG sales where I mostly got in at the same price point.

Based on past history, it should come out sometime between March and June.

i expect the discovery of the flyable alien ship, jet pack, and other "mt chiliad mysteries" to be found right before pc release.

or if rockstar doesnt offer to release the how tos before then im sure the pc release will finally exploit all the secrets.

I wasn't aware of the Mt. Chiliad mysteries until you mentioned it. I found quite a few people are really into "solving" it.

Hopefully they've taken the time to do it properly.

It'll likely be a terrible port, however when GTA VI comes out I'm willing to bet a dollar we finally get good ports of that game to PC.

GTA IV still runs like shit even on outstanding hardware.

I was really interested in this game when it first came out. No PC version so I have moved on to games I can play. I doubt I'll even think about it until I see it on sale somewhere. They did me a favor. By the time I'm prompted to by GTA V it will be an old and already patched up game that will run smoothly.

I doubt if this time the pc is a terrible port. If it is an awesome port I would buy it day one and I never buy day one. But I rented this with a free redbox rental and played for 2 hours and was blown away. Absolutely blown away with this game. What you could do, physics, etc. I can't imagine this Next Gen.

Will wait and see how buggy it is.
So many games yet to play between steam sales and humble bundle I can easily wait till its $14.99 on steam.
Now if it would have been around Christmas, then I would have paid full price, but RS does not need PC gamers.. Yet.
I think the Rift is going to be a “game” changer :)

But watch it have some gayass DRM... I can't play my copy of GTA4 because I inadvertently scratched disk1. :rolleyes:

If you have it updated you don't need disc, theres also a official patch that will allow the game to launch without the disc.

I don't see it being optimized to the point where mid to low end systems play at like 1080p at 60fps.

Having played it through once I'm not in a hurry to play it again. Once it hits $10 I'll defintely get it. I hope it handles car mods better then GTA 4.

It's about damn time (assuming that rumor is true). Too bad Rockstar couldn't deliver for X-mas 2013, but Spring 2014 will work, assuming that Steam's X-mas 2014 sale will be at least half off. :cool:

Back