NVIDIA Announces Winter 2014 Game Bundles

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
NVIDIA announced their Winter 2014 Bundles on Friday. The bundles are for the GTX 660 and above and will contain Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag and a SHIELD discount.

Only one game instead of three and the shield discount is cut in half as well?

Not much of a bundle.

One very bad game. Assassin's Creed games are always mixed value for me, but Black Flag is just bad. Without spoiling anything for anyone, the game picks off from III, and doesn't make sense. At least so far it doesn't, cause I haven't finished the game.

The games weak point is the mindless crap that goes on in the game. There's is so much stupid crap to go after that makes little to no difference in the game. It's literally just time sink stuff. The game is huge, but only feels huge cause there's literally something to do at every corner of the game, which is all just collecting. Also the ship sailing stuff takes a lot of time, and makes the game feel bigger, but it's really just annoying and slow to go from one place to another.

The combat is dumb down, as it feels like I can walk into a field of enemies and walk away with no damage. But because you get bonus sync crap for stealth and avoiding enemies, you tend to waste a lot of time running in bushes and avoiding players. At some point I gave up and just run threw everything as a storm of death. It's just more efficient. I don't care about sync crap anymore

The ship battles are probably the hardest part of the game, and probably the most fun. The game makes no effort to teach me how to use the ship, and until I Google'd it, I ran around the game wondering what weapons you can use and how. Especially on PC where most descriptions explain how to do it with an Xbox 360 controller.

If you love ship battles and love to do useless stuff in a game, then Assassin's Creed 4 is for you. If you hate games that are stealth based and combat based, and fail at both then stay away. The only game that seems to be able to get stealth+combat right was the Thief series of games. Useless random crap collecting has gotten out of control with modern games, but at least there's some things worth getting like the keys to unlock armor in the game. The rest is just useless nonsense that gives you a chime sound that reminds you that you did something.

That sucks. Pretty much every one has Black Flag already either from using the AMD deal for themselves or from someone selling it, or for the console.

I think this says more about the sorry state of Nvidia's 'Way It's Meant To Be Played' program then anything else...fact is that they lost a lot of the big titles to AMD over the past year...Nvidia used to get almost every major AAA title...now they are left with mostly scraps

I'm ready to jump on a new card, but my feet aren't leaving the floor until a better bundle is out. Not interested in shield.

Not interested in Shield or Steam box. Bundle needs to add more titles to make it looks interesting.

Not interested in Shield or Steam box. Bundle needs to add more titles to make it looks interesting.

bundles has never been interesting to me. I already own just about every game i want these game bundles never swayed me into buying a gpu or a brand.

Bundle: noun A collection of things, or a quantity of material, tied or wrapped up together.

I counted one game, unless the rest of the bundle is a discount on that appalling, little handheld?

I want a retroactive freebie... I bought my GTX 770 and got zero games with it. If I had held out for 2 months I could have got the Black Flag / Splinter Cell / whatever the 3rd game was combo.

I want a retroactive freebie... I bought my GTX 770 and got zero games with it. If I had held out for 2 months I could have got the Black Flag / Splinter Cell / whatever the 3rd game was combo.

I'm pissed too. I just bought a GTX 760 for Christmas and Newegg had the 3 game deal still the week before Christmas but the day I bought mine apparently the deal had just ended. Now, there's this new promo and I actually did want this game. Screwed again. It's just too damn expensive on Steam. I generally don't buy games until they are less than $30.

Back