NVIDIA Unveils Tegra K1, A 192-Core Super Chip

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA today unveiled the revolutionary Tegra® K1 mobile processor, a 192-core super chip featuring the same NVIDIA® Kepler™ architecture that powers the fastest GPU on the planet, the NVIDIA GeForce® GTX™ 780 Ti. For the first time, next-generation PC gaming will now be available on mobile platforms.

The NVIDIA Tegra K1 mobile processor -- a 192-core super chip featuring the same NVIDIA Kepler architecture that powers the fastest GPU on the planet -- brings next-generation PC gaming for the first time to mobile platforms. The Tegra K1 processor sets new mobile standards by supporting the latest PC-class gaming technologies, enabling it to run sophisticated gaming engines like Epic Games' Unreal Engine 4. It delivers advanced computation capabilities to speed the development of applications for computer vision and speech recognition. And its extraordinary efficiency delivers higher performance than any other mobile GPU at the same power level.

Its pretty cool Kepler will be in Mobile. Need to see power usage / kepler clock (performance) to see how useful this is however. The fact they didnt mention any of that leaves me wary.

Regardless of the performance, I love the step forward towards scalable hardware/software. Which will eventually erode away seperate platforms imo, and push more standardized, unified systems. (ideally open source)

Its pretty cool Kepler will be in Mobile. Need to see power usage / kepler clock (performance) to see how useful this is however. The fact they didnt mention any of that leaves me wary.

+1. Exactly what I was going to write.

Back