BlackBerry Fires Alicia Keys

HardOCP News

[H] News
Okay...okay....now that I've posted this news item, you guys can quit sending me "this girl has been fiiiired!" jokes. ;)

The Waterloo, Ont.-based company says Keys will be leaving her role as its global creative director on Jan. 30. Her involvement with the company drew criticism from some outsiders who said, despite the decidedly corporate title, Keys was little more than a celebrity who was brought in to help promote its BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

meh...her contract ended. Wouldn't call that getting dragged out to the street with a pink slip.

Spokesperson for what and where? Never saw her do shit for BB...where did she do these endorsements?

I take it the next creative director will be an indie artist since BB is not doing too good financially.

Another in a long string of things that Blackberry has done that shows them to be epic failures.

More like BB ran out of money and couldn't pay her.

Anyhow, you can't substitute a non-competitive device with a figure face. Tinkered around with a BB Z10 at the retail store and UI is worse intuitively than iOS.

Who's Alicia Keys? I watch the charts and I've never heard of her...

That article wont load for me, but guessing by the comments I'm going to guess she's hot. :p

There's a joke here somewhere about a rim job.

Back