BF4 Connectivity Issues Persist

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don't know why DICE posted an alert in its support forums about this because A.) If you own BF4, you know about the connectivity problems first hand and B.) If you are in the support forums looking for help, you should be getting an apology from DICE, not an "alert" warning you of ongoing issues. :(

DICE posted an alert on its support forums for Battlefield 4 to warn players of ongoing connectivity issues across multiple platforms. This is the latest update in a string of problems the game has faced since its launch in late October, which has seen multiple patches go live in the past few weeks.

I have no idea, either. Playing BF4 on the PC platform has been exceptionally good since the last patch.

For me it has been hit or miss. Since this latest "PATCH" that was supposed to fix SLI, now all I get is crashing to the desktop or a complete system reboot. None of my other games have any issue with how I run SLI....

THIS GAME IS PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

Was down for a couple hours yesterday. Couldn't connect to any servers. The thread on the bf4 site was hilariously insane. Me and my friends took a break and played again later.

THIS GAME IS PURE FUN WHEN IT'S WORKING (99% of the time).

It does have a mass following of whiney boys and girls.

For me it has been hit or miss. Since this latest "PATCH" that was supposed to fix SLI, now all I get is crashing to the desktop or a complete system reboot. None of my other games have any issue with how I run SLI....

THIS GAME IS PURE FUCKING GARBAGE.

It should have been obvious when the EA board started to unload shares right before launch. Now that they are being investigated by the FTC there must be some kind of evidence to support a direct case to that effect.

EA/DICE will never have the good will they had from gamers towards making BF a major competitor to COD , now that they botched the game across all platforms they've shown they are incapable of both managing real expectations for a proper launch date with software that isn't in a alpha/beta state and not attempting to milk what amounts to the rare "solar eclipse" of the gaming word (next gen console launches).

I won't ever buy a BF game day one again. And seeing EA fall flat on its face is no longer worth a smirk but instead just a reminder how full of bullshit they continue to be.

It should have been obvious when the EA board started to unload shares right before launch. Now that they are being investigated by the FTC there must be some kind of evidence to support a direct case to that effect.

EA/DICE will never have the good will they had from gamers towards making BF a major competitor to COD , now that they botched the game across all platforms they've shown they are incapable of both managing real expectations for a proper launch date with software that isn't in a alpha/beta state and not attempting to milk what amounts to the rare "solar eclipse" of the gaming word (next gen console launches).

I won't ever buy a BF game day one again. And seeing EA fall flat on its face is no longer worth a smirk but instead just a reminder how full of bullshit they continue to be.

BF should never be trying to compete with COD in the first place. First of all they are not the same game type imo, yea they both modern shooters but BF is on a much grander scale (or at least it was...) and focused more on team work (or at least it use to...). Second, who wants the COD crowd to come over to the BF community?? COD is like the FPS for everybody, BF use to be its own game. But now it is shit and broken because of EA.

BF should never be trying to compete with COD in the first place. First of all they are not the same game type imo, yea they both modern shooters but BF is on a much grander scale (or at least it was...) and focused more on team work (or at least it use to...). Second, who wants the COD crowd to come over to the BF community?? COD is like the FPS for everybody, BF use to be its own game. But now it is shit and broken because of EA.

Saying that BF shouldn't compete with COD is like saying Lambo shouldn't compete with Ferrari. They are natural competitors like it or not. No one "wants" the voice of the COD audience as its continually proved in the media that it often is lacking a great amount of maturity. I also don't consider COD players "gamers" and while some disagree with that conclusion I find COD has a lot more in common with Candy Crush then what BF should be.

You also can't outright blame EA for everything , DICE being an internal studio or not. DICE deserves blame , its not a "wet" behind its ears developer. They have tons of experience launching very prominent and expensive games. From what it appears DICE rolled over and pretty much let EA drive them into submission frankly.

I haven't played in last day or so , but It has been very stable for me since last major patch . Now can play on all maps, before would crash on the city one 100% with sound loop crash .

I got one disconnect yesterday trying to connect to one server, changed server an all was good .

The game is fun ,but yes it still has issues like network positioning errors, you think player is here but there not as no damage gets accounted , or it lags in time .

Saying that BF shouldn't compete with COD is like saying Lambo shouldn't compete with Ferrari. They are natural competitors like it or not.
I guess what I meant was that I dislike how EA/DICE is directly trying to compete with COD through BF (releasing the unfinished BF game a week or two b4 the next COD game, turning BF into an arcade shooter that is dumbed down, etc). But I guess you are right, they are natural competitors regardless.

No one "wants" the voice of the COD audience as its continually proved in the media that it often is lacking a great amount of maturity. I also don't consider COD players "gamers" and while some disagree with that conclusion I find COD has a lot more in common with Candy Crush then what BF should be.
No argument here.

You also can't outright blame EA for everything , DICE being an internal studio or not. DICE deserves blame , its not a "wet" behind its ears developer. They have tons of experience launching very prominent and expensive games. From what it appears DICE rolled over and pretty much let EA drive them into submission frankly.
The same people that were part of DICE during the days of 1942 and BF2 left a long time ago. Same DICE label just different people. You can tell DICE doesn't know wtf they are doing because they can't even fix their own damn game. Idk how many times BF3 had patches that would fix one thing but break 3 other things, and while I haven't played BF4 it looks like things have gotten much worse since BF3. Plus I'm sure EA calls all the shots anyway.

Don't worry, EA/DICE will reward all BF4 players with another 8X pistol scope and Gold battle-pack full of worthless weapon camo....

Seriously. Fuck this company, only a matter of time until they milk the franchise dry and EA throws them away into all the garbage heap with the rest of their prior acquisitions such as Maxis, Westwood, Bullfrog, Visceral....

Here's a hint for DICE - in the future, dump the completely stupid-ass single player and focus those resources on net-code and basic connectivity ("logging in, connecting, disconnected. could not join server).

I think part of the frustration is that the game does have great potential. When all the latency/lag/pings align in the cosmic gaming heaven, it is a blast. But that's rare.

I pre-ordered it, and even bought the Premium. Never again.

Back