NASA Controls Robot Using Kinect 2 And Occulus Rift

I didn't watch with audio, but I assume they use Kinect to provide positional tracking for the head/pov when the guy ducks?

Kinect + Rift has always seemed like a great combo - I can't wait to see more :)

It's like I said, the Oculus has so many different functions other than video games. The only thing I'm looking forward to purchasing in 2014.

It's like I said, the Oculus has so many different functions other than video games. The only thing I'm looking forward to purchasing in 2014.

I didn't back it, I really don't have any plans to buy one any too soon, but I really hope it's a success. Gaming has been so stagnant for so long.

I didn't back it, I really don't have any plans to buy one any too soon, but I really hope it's a success. Gaming has been so stagnant for so long.

There is nothing stagnant about gaming, this is just a completely absurd statement. What is more absurd is the notion that the OR is going to do anything for gaming other than be an amusing novelty.

What nasa is doing however is a huge step in the right direction for this kind of technology. The possibilities are endless with this kind of thing. This is the "First" application for it that I can honestly say excites me.

Back