Report: Samsung, Apple In Talks To End Patent Battle

HardOCP News

[H] News
Hah! Like this will ever happen. How many times have these two called a truce? About as many times as they've sued each other. Hell, these guys sue each other as they continue to work together. :rolleyes:

Despite a two-year legal battle that appeared to have no end in sight, Apple and Samsung have started discussing the possibility of inking a royalties deal and putting an end to all of their litigation, an official at the Korea Fair Trade Commission told the Korea Times in a report published on Sunday.

Seems like as much money as they have spent on legal fees, they would realize it is cheaper in the long run to settle.

Apple are finally realizing their patent trolling and litigation abuse to kill competition and consumer choice are negatively impacting their PR and sales because consumers' wallet still has the final say. Their world marketshare is already down near single digit so if they maintain this rate they'll repeat their demise like in the 90's.

Apple are finally realizing their patent trolling and litigation abuse to kill competition and consumer choice are negatively impacting their PR and sales because consumers' wallet still has the final say. Their world marketshare is already down near single digit so if they maintain this rate they'll repeat their demise like in the 90's.

I am more pessimistic then you... My thoughts are most normal people don't know or care about the law suits and why they are stupid.

i am going to second this as apple has not brought anything game changing to market in many years

700px-World_Wide_Smartphone_Sales_Share.png

Not going to happen.
Apple has its own complete ecosystem people refuse to leave once they're heavily invested in.
Apple is the world's largest cult.

You'd be surprised. I know females who I thought would be faithful to the end progress from iPhone to S 4 then Note 3 as they get more comfortable with mobile technology and expect more out of their device. Plus, look at the chart above where it's been heading down since 2011/2012. Even if Apple tried to reverse that trend by releasing a larger display with pen they still can't compete with companies innovate and manufacturer their own core components like Sony camera sensor, display and some ICs. And, Samsung with their display, SoC, DRAM, flash memory, camera sensor, baseband radio, etc.

Trading one hardware monopoly on smartphones for another. Buying Samsung over Apple because of their business practices is like swapping out the KGB for the Stasi and claiming the reach around is better. Same practices under a different name. Well, except Samsung's heaviest political corruption is in South Korea rather than the United States I guess. You could opt for LG or HTC, saying you can find one to match your needs, or any number of Chinese knockoffs I suppose. But, in the end, those companies all have the same massive government backing from their own countries, with LG being weaker simply because Samsung carries far more sway in South Korea.

Trading one hardware monopoly on smartphones for another. Buying Samsung over Apple because of their business practices is like swapping out the KGB for the Stasi and claiming the reach around is better. Same practices under a different name. Well, except Samsung's heaviest political corruption is in South Korea rather than the United States I guess. You could opt for LG or HTC, saying you can find one to match your needs, or any number of Chinese knockoffs I suppose. But, in the end, those companies all have the same massive government backing from their own countries, with LG being weaker simply because Samsung carries far more sway in South Korea.

Except if you are in samsungs camp you can fairly easily move to any other android phone. Your google play purchases and google counts will easily move. Going from apple to anything else is not at all easy. Heck they even hold your text messages hostage.

Back