Console Kiddies Spazzing Out: Holiday Edition

More proof to solidify my opinion that consoles are for kids.

:p

No I wouldn't freak out, I'd realize there's an action that we can do called "returning" where you can go back to a store with your unopened object, and get your money back or store credit to buy what you actually want!

My dad got me a pair of Uggs, slipper boots,whatver... he got me a pair like 10 years ago, which is the same number of years as times I've worn them. Granted I don't blame him for not knowing I don't wear slipper boots, but he was nice enough to put the package in the bag of the store he bought them at so a quick return, don't even need to have a receipt, and I'll use store credit to buy something I want :)

Poor kid got a $500 console for Christmas. Man, the struggles kids have to endure these days must be unbearable. When life is that hard, it's no wonder our suicide rates are going up every year.

Let them all run away, hopefully in front of a moving high speed train. Save us all the trouble of having to deal with those spoiled little bastards when they grow up.

Hahaha were i the parent, i would return the console and give them absolutely nothing.

Jesus.

No I wouldn't freak out, I'd realize there's an action that we can do called "returning" where you can go back to a store with your unopened object, and get your money back or store credit to buy what you actually want!

This. I'd have been extremely "excited", then taken that thing back the next day and used the extra $100 for another game and controller, or nice pair of headphones or SOMETHING.

I think it's time we start a serious conversation regarding late-term abortions.

*sigh* More 1st world problems....

I was about to write the same thing. our biggest problems seem to be that the black friday deal was gone, the usb charger went missing or xbone vs ps4. yesterday i saw a thread on another forum that was just started and showed sales of the 360 and the ps3. it exploded. you couldn't keep up reading even if you wanted to read all the garbage. it was just people pulling random numbers out of their butts. i'm sure alien life has already discovered earth, but it's probably an exclusion zone to not contaminate the rest of the universe with so much stupidity.

Let them all run away, hopefully in front of a moving high speed train. Save us all the trouble of having to deal with those spoiled little bastards when they grow up.

whoa whoa, don't put that kind of curse on me (Engineer for a high speed rail system), tell them to get hit by cars or something.

Also they have access to Twitter. Parenting sucks these days.

Kids need to go outside. That's where I spent my childhood.

Most of those just struck me as blatantly fake attention whoring. The rest, just spoiled kids. Nothing to see here that you can't see walking through the mall.

Last I checked, American soldiers are out there protecting our way of life, our freedoms and the betterment of all of us. This includes kids getting $600 consoles. What a wonderful problem to have, right? And yes, it's pretty normal to get upset if you don't get what you wanted. There is also nothing wrong with doing a little venting. I'm more concerned with people taking these tweets out of context to serve some sort of personal agenda. When my kids get upset at something like this. I give them the option of returning it for something else. Guess what, they quickly realize they actually got something special. Solid parenting will always fix these type of issues. Oh and fixing your kids with phyiscal harm? Really?

Last I checked, American soldiers are out there protecting our way of life, our freedoms and the betterment of all of us. This includes kids getting $600 consoles. What a wonderful problem to have, right? And yes, it's pretty normal to get upset if you don't get what you wanted. There is also nothing wrong with doing a little venting. I'm more concerned with people taking these tweets out of context to serve some sort of personal agenda. When my kids get upset at something like this. I give them the option of returning it for something else. Guess what, they quickly realize they actually got something special. Solid parenting will always fix these type of issues. Oh and fixing your kids with phyiscal harm? Really?

I disagree with your entire life philosophy.

Greetings, pomposity. You're always astonishing.

For fuck's sakes, whiny little bitches, if they want something to really bitch about try growing up with hand me down diapers and underwear.:(

Kids are only a reflection of their parents. If a kid acts like a little shit then his parents are likely little shits as well.

I knew a kid who got a Sega Master System for Xmas back in 1986. I don't think he was included in any elementary school video game discussions until the Genesis came out :p

If my kid was posting shit like that they would get

1) An ass KICKING.
2) No more consoles of any type. Oh, no TV, computer, etc. Yeah...Do your homework at the library.
3) A fucking suitcase on their 18th birthday. Adios ungrateful jackass.

Hmmm.....come to think of it. 2 & 3 sound good anyway.

My son wanted a PS4 for xmas. They were sold out when I was ready to pick one up. There were two XB Ones left in stock on Amazon at the time. The hardware is nearly identical, the game libraries as well (for the most part.) Do you know what he did?!?!?!?1

He thanked us profusely, and couldn't be happier...

I think this is further proof of just how damaging social media is to the development of kids, especially when combined with bad parenting. It breeds nothing but narcisism and egocentrism. I honestly find it amzazing that so many kids are getting such high dollar gifts these days as Christmas was one of the few chances many of us had to get some new clothing when growing up.

Go ahead, run away. 20 years from now when you're doing unmentionable things for older men just so you can score that next hit, you'll look back at this moment and say "god damn them, damn them for not buying me the right console!" Wise life choices.

You sir should get the parenting award for not having a asshole for a kid I applaud you

Thanks! Well, in our house (as it was in mine growing up) respect, and common courtesy are huge. My kids are allowed to mess up once in a while, they don't have to be perfect, but they do have to be good, decent, respectful human beings. They work hard, they get to play hard, and as long as they aren't evil, they have it pretty easy. We only really let them have it when they do something disrespectful. Luckily that doesn't happen too often. Once again, probably because of the mutual respect thing...

Back