Cisco’s New Cloud Service May Thwart NSA Spying

HardOCP News

[H] News
Cisco says its new cloud service may thwart NSA spying. In other news, Cisco is now being investigated by the government and the CEO's family has gone missing. :D

Cisco Systems Inc. is designing an architectural structure for its cloud-based collaboration software offering that may help keep customer data hidden from government snoops and ease fears that American tech companies are beholden to U.S. intelligence agencies.

Yeah, nothing a FISA court can't fix. All these announcements from big tech talking about putting things in place to evade the NSA are just doing damage control of their covert approvals of government surveillance. You're not going to tell me Google's top network engineers didn't see or know about the NSA hooking in to their dark fiber.

I'm taking their word for it and I'm now uploading all of my personal data to the cloud.

Sucks to be a US-based IT company right now, thanks NSA.

Anyone who believes any of these major corporations are really able to "thwart the NSA" is just fooling themselves. The NSA merely will go to the corporation and get the keys, if they don't have them already. There will always be a backdoor of one sort or another.

I'm sure Cisco and NSA will work things out.

money_in_hand.jpg

What's the point in "securing the cloud" when the NSA just snoops on everything going to/coming out of it??

What's the point in "securing the cloud" when the NSA just snoops on everything going to/coming out of it??

It is damage control. The companies who have been colluding with the NSA have been caught and are doing anything they can to save face.

Back